Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will legacy ever see V12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to this forum. I was totally disheartened when I found out that the update I received for my 2020S just a few weeks ago (2024.2.7) meant I could not get FSD V12. Very disappointing. I've heard speculation that this was done because my vehicle doesn't have an internal camera and Tesla is concerned about their ability to monitor drivers. Is there any further information on this? I find FSD 11 very erratic but I'm on no position to buy a new car. As usual, Tesla is saying nothing on the matter.

• Informative
Reactions: Kohan
Can’t it be as simple as adapting it to vertical screens that are used in the pre refresh cars? Or would that be a simple fast fix?
Doubtful. I don't think the vertical screen has anything to do with it. (The only thing on the vertical screen is the AP settings page.) It is everything else in the vehicle, other than the AP HW3 equipment, that is different.

Reactions: KArnold
Upvote 0
3% of fsd eligible is a nice way of massaging the number to seem insignificant. The legacy vehicles in question were teslas bread and butter before pumping out 3/y like crazy. Tesla considers any car with the 8 camera setup as eligible as it can be retrofit to hw3 and therefore eligible for fsd. So it’s way more than 3% of over 400k cars. Those 400k are just the people that paid for fsd.

Reactions: brkaus and KArnold
Upvote 0
Reports are that FSDS V12.3.4 is going out to Legacy Model S/X as part of 2024.3.15:

43 pending on TeslaFi, none installed yet.

1712783021417.png

Reactions: KArnold
Upvote 0