Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will LR AWD Model Y qualify for BC incentive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla include price break down in my invoice, now the LR AWD is a $13700 option, and Y itself is $54900, which just make it qualify for the BC EV incentive. Anyone in BC know more about this? My schedule day is end of the month, if this is coming I will wait till it's official.

cheers!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.11.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.11.20 AM.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 111
Not according to this official list: https://www.cevforbc.ca/sites/defau...les Grid (updated March 10, 2021) website.pdf

They say:
Please Note: Effective June 22, 2019, vehicles with a MSRP of over $55,000 will not be considered eligible for the program. For the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program purposes, optional accessories and other fees (such as destination, documentation, etc.) do not affect the vehicle's eligibility for the rebate. As long as the vehicle model and trim level are included in the list of eligible vehicles, and the trim level's MSRP is equal to or lower than $55,000, the vehicle is eligible.

Evidently, the LR AWD drivetrain is not considered an "accessory".

Even the briefly-offered SR RWD did not quite qualify for the BC rebate. There was speculation that part of the reason delivery was delayed on BC SR MY's was because Telus was trying to work with the BC government to get them to qualify, but that never came to fruition, and then of course the SR was moved to an "off menu" model and essentially discontinued for the now. But no I don't think the LR AWD has ever qualified, nor is it likely to any time soon. Sadly.

Even the briefly-offered SR RWD did not quite qualify for the BC rebate. There was speculation that part of the reason delivery was delayed on BC SR MY's was because Telus was trying to work with the BC government to get them to qualify, but that never came to fruition, and then of course the SR was moved to an "off menu" model and essentially discontinued for the now. But no I don't think the LR AWD has ever qualified, nor is it likely to any time soon. Sadly.

Not true, the SR does qualified for the BC credit. It's listed in the PDF above. You're confusing with the federal credit.

Reactions: BULLSHARK