Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Model X be considered a "girl car?"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is massive debate over whether the new pink iPhone 6S (Apple says "Rose Gold" but that is bs IMO, just like "Space Gray", lol what a joke... they should just call it what it is, pink and silver) is considered a girl phone or not. Here's what it looks like:

There has been much unpleasant debate in the Mac Rumors forum about the level of one's masculinity (or possible lack) for flaunting a pink iPhone 6s.

:biggrin:

But back to the topic at hand:

I remember Elon stated that Tesla wanted to make the car more appealing to women drivers than Model S has been. However, that does not make Model X a "girl car", because I believe this means that Model X is made to appeal to everyone.

Overall, I do not find the Model X design to be gender biased in any way. Model X's shape is dictated by interior space requirements and exterior aerodynamic considerations.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is massive debate over whether the new pink iPhone 6S (Apple says "Rose Gold" but that is bs IMO, just like "Space Gray", lol what a joke... they should just call it what it is, pink and silver) is considered a girl phone or not. Here's what it looks like:

There has been much unpleasant debate in the Mac Rumors forum about the level of one's masculinity (or possible lack) for flaunting a pink iPhone 6s.

But back to the topic at hand:

I remember Elon stated that Tesla wanted to make the car more appealing to women drivers than Model S has been. However, that does not make Model X a "girl car", because I believe this means that Model X is made to appeal to everyone.

Overall, I do not find the Model X design to be gender biased in any way. Model X's shape is dictated by interior space requirements and exterior aerodynamic considerations.

The same debate happened with the white iphone..........gay guys and girls had it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Douglas "The same debate happened with the white iphone..........gay guys and girls had it."

That's quite a generalization...did Lesbians choose white too(and will they choose pink) or did they opt for some color which all Lesbian choose? Do you think perhaps a straight man, secure in his own masculinity, might have chosen white? What color do transgender people choose?

I've got a two year old at home who is quite interested in anatomical differences right now. So I'll just say what I do to her, "boys have penises, girls have vaginas and Teslas don't have either."

Douglas "The same debate happened with the white iphone..........gay guys and girls had it."

That's quite a generalization...did Lesbians choose white too(and will they choose pink) or did they opt for some color which all Lesbian choose? Do you think perhaps a straight man, secure in his own masculinity, might have chosen white? What color do transgender people choose?

I chose a gold iPhone 5S and my wife is pretty sure that I'm not gay ;). Come on, a car is neither a girls car or a boys car. There may be a gender bias in who chooses to buy a specific type of car.

But the Model X is a practical car for families, people with tons of stuff to carry and people who want an electric vehicle that can tow something.

I'm going to check back in on this thread periodically to see how many folks say weird things.

Ahh, I remember it well at the first Teslive...everyone with a "13" by their screenname knows that I mean ;)