Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you get "TankMode" added to your Model S?

Will you add the Titanium underbody?

• YES! TankMode Enabled!

Votes: 154 84.6%
  • NOPE! Commando Style...Bring it on

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Already Have it, I'm a Player!

Votes: 16 8.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove over a fist-size rock today, probably dropped off a dumper from the nearby construction work. I saw it too late so I clipped it with the inside of the right front tire. and was treated to the sound of it bouncing and rattling its way back under the car. I panicked for a moment until I realised I no longer have an exhaust pipe in questionable condition under there.

Armor plates - yes please!

Does anyone know what the VIN number cut off is for the titanium underbody? My vehicle was in production the last week of February and delivered on March 6th. Thanks.

Dunno about VIN's, but Elon's blog said, "Starting with vehicle bodies manufactured as of March 6.." so if yours is delivered March 6, I suspect it may have missed the manufacturing start...

Look underneath and see?

For me: both the Alaska Highway as well as all of Alaska's highways (former is mostly in Canada - we do it just to confuse you TropicalTypes) are notorious for having Lots Of Stuff on them, so I'm getting the treatment. Went to the Scottsdale SvC today and became the first to sign up for the facelift....errrrr....buttplate....ummm...well, whatever it is.

Just got my shield installed today. They took the car about 7:30am and returned it about noon. Nice! I do feel better about driving it now so its worth it to me. Now if I can just get it aligned so it doesn't pull to the right. Tesla says this is due to the road crown, but I disagree. I've had plenty of cars that didn't drift right like my Tesla does.
BattShield.JPG