Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you still buy a Model 3 if the federal tax credit ends?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of time frame? Or might you wait until all wrinkles (aka employee beta testing) are ironed out? Or... wait for the Model Y that Elon said is going to be based on the Model 3 platform?

I'd probably wait another year due to some factors specific to me as well as letting them crank out a couple hundred thousand first, so 18 months instead of 6 months or so from now.

On the other hand, the tax credit deadline makes a marvelous excuse to indulge my impatience! :D;):cool:

I'd probably wait another year due to some factors specific to me as well as letting them crank out a couple hundred thousand first, so 18 months instead of 6 months or so from now.

On the other hand, the tax credit deadline makes a marvelous excuse to indulge my impatience! :D;):cool:
I'm splurging on the long-range battery because I anticipate getting the full credit. If there was no credit I would really have to consider the short-range battery.

I'm splurging on the long-range battery because I anticipate getting the full credit. If there was no credit I would really have to consider the short-range battery.

Ditto. Managed to convince my wife to spring for the LR precisely because of the tax credit being available right now. Oct - Dec is good too as her current car lease is done in Dec.

Reactions: ModelX
If there was no credit, I would be waiting for the dual motor or the performance model. But because I'll still qualify for the $7500, I'm getting one of the long range with premium package in the first round. I'll probably trade it in after a couple of years for a dual motor / performance version or the Model Y.

It's a competitive car without the tax credit. I'd much rather pay $50k - $60k for a Model 3 over an equivalent german sedan.

+1. I want the AWD P Model and I am guessing that won't be released until the credit is long gone.

I'm in the same boat as I want an AWD P Model, and I already have a Model S.

Plus I think it's time the tax credit went away. To me the base Model 3 is clearly worth $35K, and if someone can't afford that than there is buying used.

It's not like there isn't a MASSIVE amount of used electric cars now.

I'm in the same boat as I want an AWD P Model, and I already have a Model S.

Plus I think it's time the tax credit went away. To me the base Model 3 is clearly worth $35K, and if someone can't afford that than there is buying used.

It's not like there isn't a MASSIVE amount of used electric cars now.

A very bourgeoisie response. Yes, the base may be worth 35K and hooray for you since you already own a Model S but majority of people may not be in the same "club" you're in.