Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Issues going up and down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they tell you they called because they saw your post or are you assuming?
They said they were calling about my window and I haven't really mentioned it anywhere else, only posting because I noticed someone else having a similar issue. They've called me a number of times based on posts I've made on TMC, including about a loose screw that I found in my car after service and posted a photo on TMC to seek answers (he suggested having a tech come by and check it out, then I said I posted a picture and he found it in a few seconds, and once I said the 4 similar screws in the sunroof are in place, he said there are no other locations for that kind of screw, so my concern was put to rest). It seems that corporate keeps an eye on potential service issues on various Tesla community sites and forwards a summary and link to the local service center.

They said they were calling about my window and I haven't really mentioned it anywhere else, only posting because I noticed someone else having a similar issue. They've called me a number of times based on posts I've made on TMC, including about a loose screw that I found in my car after service and posted a photo on TMC to seek answers (he suggested having a tech come by and check it out, then I said I posted a picture and he found it in a few seconds, and once I said the 4 similar screws in the sunroof are in place, he said there are no other locations for that kind of screw, so my concern was put to rest). It seems that corporate keeps an eye on potential service issues on various Tesla community sites and forwards a summary and link to the local service center.

Wow, that's pretty cool!

How do they know who you really are? I'm sure that Pilot-51 is not your real name:smile:

I had this happen many times and on all 4 windows randomly. I kept mentioning it to the Service Centers each time I brought my car in, but since it happens only sporadically, they could never reproduce it and fix it. At some point they said the firmware now resets the windows each time. It was good for a while, now all of a sudden it's back. Of course now my car is out of warranty. :/

One thing that can trigger the glass to roll back down, is a false postive of the anti-jam safety function. Its normally due to dry glass window rubber guides. A small shot of a silicone spray down the guides, should help. Its extremely common on euro vehicles and pillarless glass windows.

I had this happen many times and on all 4 windows randomly. I kept mentioning it to the Service Centers each time I brought my car in, but since it happens only sporadically, they could never reproduce it and fix it. At some point they said the firmware now resets the windows each time. It was good for a while, now all of a sudden it's back. Of course now my car is out of warranty. :/
That shouldn't matter because if you have a problem during the warranty period and it wasn't totally fixed, any service after the warranty expired for that problem should still be covered.

I just had a similar problem fixed with my rear driver side window - intermittently (very hard to reproduce) after closing the rear door, I would notice that the window would not roll back up all the way. This is the solution that was on my repair ticket:

Found rubber backing on door handle had come loose causing window to jam and not go up all the way. Resinstalled rubber backing properly and verified vehicle is operating as designed.
Exterior or interior door handle?