Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Stressed From Factory??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The front windshield has hundreds of very thin wires embedded in it which are used as a front windshield defroster. This works great, clearing the window of ice, snow, frost, etc within a few minutes. This may may the windshield more fragile.
The last time I had it replaced, the windshield cost was $646 and labor of $101.

Nope, nothing of the sort. There are no such wires in the Tesla front windshield. If you have the cold weather package there are some heating elements in the windshield underneath the wipers, but those are pretty obvious and not composed of "hundreds of very thin wires" and they are not embedded in the glass - they sit underneath the glass. Defrosting takes place using the dash vents underneath the glass, nothing high tech or fancy here.

Nope, nothing of the sort. There are no such wires in the Tesla front windshield. If you have the cold weather package there are some heating elements in the windshield underneath the wipers, but those are pretty obvious and not composed of "hundreds of very thin wires" and they are not embedded in the glass - they sit underneath the glass. Defrosting takes place using the dash vents underneath the glass, nothing high tech or fancy here.
If you read my original post (#10) carefully, you will see that I was referring to my Land Rover windshield, not the Tesla. Sorry for the confusion.