Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my windshield replaced with what I thought would be a Tesla windshield, showed up to pick up my car and much to my surprise it had a non OEM windshield instead. Anyone else have this happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it from the same glass company as OEM (probably Saint Gobain Sekurit for recent Tesla Model 3 windshields) or a different glass company?

I had a previous car that needed a windshield replacement. The OEM windshield was from Fuyao. The aftermarket replacement windshield was from Fuyao. The only noticeable difference was that the aftermarket windshield did not have the car company's branding or certification marks for other countries on it (since the OEM glass may have been put on new cars that were exported).

Aftermarket replacement glass from a different company from the one that supplies the OEM glass may be more likely to have fit issues, since it is more likely to have been reverse-engineered rather than made to the exact spec as the OEM glass.

Might be a blessing. Love my car, loathe my windshield. Had an egregious crack fixed by Safelite and numerous other small "dings" in my windshield. Poor overall quality, I'm lucky I do very little highway driving.

I agree that this might be a blessing - the Tesla windshields are not the best.

I do 90% highway driving, and 50% of it is under construction. My windshield is cratered like the moon, and I've already patched 3 cracks in it since getting the car less than a year ago.