Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charger throwdown - who wins?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
For my previous Model 3, I had gotten a Gen 1 Nomad. Works great, and still works after all the updates.

Now the field is more crowded what is the best?

Top consideration is charging speed while working with a USB drive for Sentry Mode.

Nomad Gen 2?
Taptes?
Jeda?

Anything else?

For my previous Model 3, I had gotten a Gen 1 Nomad. Works great, and still works after all the updates.

Now the field is more crowded what is the best?

Top consideration is charging speed while working with a USB drive for Sentry Mode.

Nomad Gen 2?
Taptes?
Jeda?

Anything else?
I'm using Taptes and it works just fine. Haven't checked charging speed in a while though.

Is there a Nomad Gen 2? I just ordered the Jeda Gen 2 without realizing that there is a Nomad Gen 2 :confused:

They don't call it a Gen 2. But current Nomads do not have a built in battery like Gen 1 did.

They cited a battery was not necessary anymore. I am too lazy to verify the veracity of that claim.

I just put in the Taptes yesterday. Pretty thrilled with it actually. Keeps the phone stable, came with 3M tape to keep the pad from moving or rattling, also came with 2 x usb splitters so you can still plug other stuff into the usb ports like your dashcam or music USB.

I just installed a “2nd gen” Nomad. Originally ordered a Jeda 2 weeks ago but it was out of stock. Got tired of waiting. Saw the Nomad in stock, ordered it, cancelled the Jeda. Nomad shipped 2-day priority.

Very happy with the Nomad. My phone (iPhone XS) and Smart Battery case charge just great on it. Used the included USB splitter for my dashcam/music 128GB Sandisk USB stick. Works great. (FYI - the splitter leg with the clear band around it is the “data” side. Hook the Nomad up to the other leg.)

Nothing bad to say about Jeda either - just bad timing on my part, that’s all. All reviews I’ve read have been of a quality product for sure.

Don’t think you can go wrong with either Nomad or Jeda.

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing
I had a gen 1 Jeda. It warped over time (heat?) and eventually wouldn’t sit flat. So I switched to the Nomad which seems like a much better made product. Can’t speak to the Gen 2 Jeda, but wasn’t really interested in taking the plunge with them again after that.

Reactions: akidesir
I use the plug and it keeps my phone in place when I’m accelerating hard or cornering... doesn’t your phone fly off the charger?

No, the Taptes has a rubbery pad keeping the phone in its spot, doesn’t move at all. Just did a 700 mile round trip to Vegas and back, phone compartment remained open so I can see any text, phone stayed very still with no issues.

Fred

45000701-A90F-4A7C-AE1A-BC0B1658ABC6.jpeg

I love the XVIDA as it is nice to have my phone by the screen. I also have the Jeda 2 and it was the biggest waste of money for me. I have not used it since the last update that required me to go buy new wires for it.

• Love
Reactions: fseir