Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Phone Charger by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the pictures it looks like this takes a slightly different approach than Jeda, Nomad and Taptes. Instead of having it's own "lip" to hold the phone, it apparently replaces the piano-black piece that covers the lower base of the charge bay. If you have a large phone that doesn't quite fit in the other chargers, it might work in this one.

Now that I'm using my iPhone as a wallet (pouch on rear) it won't charge wirelessly. I consider it a trade-off and hope that eventually in the future, I won't need to carry around physical cards or ID that will block the induction charging.

Ordered the Taptes and installed it, and found out that my Galaxy Note 9 is too tall to fit onto the charger, so i ended up returning it. I bought the new Tesla one as soon as I saw it, and am hoping it will work. The big difference between the two is the Tesla one doesn't have the "ledge" on the bottom of the charger like the Jeda and Taptes ones do so the phone should sit lower on the charger. I haven't received mine yet but did order it a week or so ago so hoping it shows up in the next week or so.

Ordered the Taptes and installed it, and found out that my Galaxy Note 9 is too tall to fit onto the charger, so i ended up returning it. I bought the new Tesla one as soon as I saw it, and am hoping it will work. The big difference between the two is the Tesla one doesn't have the "ledge" on the bottom of the charger like the Jeda and Taptes ones do so the phone should sit lower on the charger. I haven't received mine yet but did order it a week or so ago so hoping it shows up in the next week or so.
good info, my XS Max with the Apple leather case fits perfect

I would like someone to compare charging speed between the official Tesla one and the Taptes.

I plan on getting the Jeda, so I can test that with my Pixel 3 XL if/when my Model 3 gets delivered.

For others with Android devices. If you could download the Ampere app from the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.ampere) and share:

- Device make/model (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S10)
- Model 3 wireless charger (e.g. Jeda, Taptes, Tesla, Nomad)
- USB Plug location (e.g. Dash, Back seat, 12v)
- Amperage from Ampere app (e.g. 520mA)

If you're able to, test different configurations like plugging into 12v and dash and providing both results.
We should be able to make a fairly comprehensive list of chargers, devices, and charge speed!