Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the video and for testing the supercharger site. We stopped there tonight on the way back from H&H solar's open house. Charged at 103kW and got 112 miles in less than 20 minutes. The mall has lots of food vendors and was just a short walk.

Official email from Tesla showed up in my inbox today for the La Crosse and Madison Charger.
Would be cool if the SuperCharger indicators on the S indicated real-time use of the chargers (Chargepoint does this).

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 4.22.34 PM.png

Are many folks using the Madison SC yet? I am coming through on Sunday on a long road trip, and with only 3 stalls I am nervous I may have to wait.

If you need to you can use the outdoor charging stations in the front lot at Marshall Auto Body, an HPWC and a 75A Clipper Creek J1772. We are right off the I-94 hwy 18 exit. They are now solar powered.
Here's a photo of the 72kW solar array that powers them and the body shop. They are free to all Tesla owners and the shops customers.
008.png

+1 on that.

Official email from Tesla showed up in my inbox today for the La Crosse and Madison Charger.
Would be cool if the SuperCharger indicators on the S indicated real-time use of the chargers (Chargepoint does this).

View attachment 41085

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! Are they on Plugshare? A little far off my route this time, but I do travel to Milwaukee, and this would be a great destination change for me.

If you need to you can use the outdoor charging stations in the front lot at Marshall Auto Body, an HPWC and a 75A Clipper Creek J1772. We are right off the I-94 hwy 18 exit. They are now solar powered.
Here's a photo of the 72kW solar array that powers them and the body shop. They are free to all Tesla owners and the shops customers.
View attachment 41090

Great offer! Thank you from all MS owners. Awesome solar array!!!!

Are many folks using the Madison SC yet? I am coming through on Sunday on a long road trip, and with only 3 stalls I am nervous I may have to wait.
Yll be fine, for the most part, im the only one using the WI superchargers. ive never even seen another MS around madison, mauston or onalaska.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 41090
great setup! im going to try and stop by for a chat this week.

View attachment 41090
I was there for National plugin day, Very nice set up. I am glad to see that it is all solar powered now!

Thanks crazybrit! It is nice to compare real world data to what I thought a trip to Milwaukee via Madison would take. The question is should one charge a little more at Onalaska and skip Mauston. My answer would depend if you were ok spending more time at Onalaska and Madison. I think in most cases I like your more frequent stopping schedule better and not just because I like the Mauston Culver's.

I kicked that idea around, but I think the frequent stops are better, because the charge rate drops down as the SoC goes up. In other words, a double-charge takes much more than double the time. With frequent stops the overall travel time is shorter. Also I have a "B" battery, so my charge rate can go over 120kW.

Thanks crazybrit! It is nice to compare real world data to what I thought a trip to Milwaukee via Madison would take. The question is should one charge a little more at Onalaska and skip Mauston. My answer would depend if you were ok spending more time at Onalaska and Madison. I think in most cases I like your more frequent stopping schedule better and not just because I like the Mauston Culver's.

I kicked that idea around, but I think the frequent stops are better, because the charge rate drops down as the SoC goes up. In other words, a double-charge takes much more than double the time. With frequent stops the overall travel time is shorter. Also I have a "B" battery, so my charge rate can go over 120kW.

I can imagine that charging to 80% is best. Is that what you mean?

I stopped by the Pleasant Prairie Supercharger again today, very little change. They started putting the covers on the SC stalls but there still looks to be little to no wiring in them. The green cabinets I took pictures of earlier now have a utility meter on them.

I could really really use this one.. any day now guys.