Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At Madison right now, the guys are working. mostly everything is set, they are doing a lot of cleanup. big mess here. loked like the front end loader was having issues so i wanted to just get out of their way. they got a kot done in a day or two thouth. the above freezing weather really helped! if i wasnt stuck on a level 2 right now id go get them doughnuts. picked up my car at highland at noon, came straight here, i project i would be 20 miles short of making it all the way from highland to the dells. oh what a difference a few degres makes. if i had not run the heat at all (not a option with 2 lil kids in the car) i would have been able to make it in 1 shot whole way.

I will stop by again either sunday night or monday morning.

At Madison right now, the guys are working. mostly everything is set, they are doing a lot of cleanup. big mess here. loked like the front end loader was having issues so i wanted to just get out of their way. they got a kot done in a day or two thouth. the above freezing weather really helped! if i wasnt stuck on a level 2 right now id go get them doughnuts. picked up my car at highland at noon, came straight here, i project i would be 20 miles short of making it all the way from highland to the dells. oh what a difference a few degres makes. if i had not run the heat at all (not a option with 2 lil kids in the car) i would have been able to make it in 1 shot whole way.

I will stop by again either sunday night or monday morning.

Thanks for the update! Have they put up the parking signs yet?

Stopped by Madison 7pm Sunday night. Crew of 4 guys working in the dark to get the fence up! Pavement and "landscape islands" all filled with crushed gravel mix. Looking very close!! They say they will finish Madison Monday then head up to Eau Claire again. Now we just have to get MG&E to throw the switch to power up...

Stopped by Madison 7pm Sunday night. Crew of 4 guys working in the dark to get the fence up! Pavement and "landscape islands" all filled with crushed gravel mix. Looking very close!! They say they will finish Madison Monday then head up to Eau Claire again. Now we just have to get MG&E to throw the switch to power up...
Could you see if the meter was in? either way, I'll be their in 3 hrs :)

Looking forward to your update!
It's 11:30 AM, just left the Madison supercharger, and MGE crew is there installing the power meter, that should be done within the next hour. they said, they are trying to get a line throughout today, to hook up the transformer. if that happens today, good chance the charger will be online tomorrow. security fence is up already, a lot have cleanup has been done, all that's left is the flip on the power, and the rest will be done in spring to make everything pretty.

on a side note, I'm doing a record for power consumption during the winter, I have averaged 304 W per mile since leaving the Dalles what a difference 40° makes, is currently 40° outside.

It's 11:30 AM, just left the Madison supercharger, and MGE crew is there installing the power meter, that should be done within the next hour. they said, they are trying to get a line throughout today, to hook up the transformer. if that happens today, good chance the charger will be online tomorrow. security fence is up already, a lot have cleanup has been done, all that's left is the flip on the power, and the rest will be done in spring to make everything pretty.

on a side note, I'm doing a record for power consumption during the winter, I have averaged 304 W per mile since leaving the Dalles what a difference 40° makes, is currently 40° outside.

Not to hijack...but I also noticed a significant reduction in consumption this morning.

My 50ish mile commute in the Roadster (which averaged 318wh/mi when were -10*F to -15*F) came in at 255wh/mi this morning (although I must admit I didn't even use the heat this morning - the small Roadster cabin just doesn't need it when we are above freezing). The 255wh/mi is 'just about' what I averaged for September-November. December was 290wh/mi.

Not to hijack...but I also noticed a significant reduction in consumption this morning.

My 50ish mile commute in the Roadster (which averaged 318wh/mi when were -10*F to -15*F) came in at 255wh/mi this morning (although I must admit I didn't even use the heat this morning - the small Roadster cabin just doesn't need it when we are above freezing). The 255wh/mi is 'just about' what I averaged for September-November. December was 290wh/mi.
Yep, just got back ti milwaukee, 294 total per mile. i had triuble hitting that low in the summer! and that was at 77mph w/cruise on.

If anyone has any info on Albert Lea, let me know. I'll be in the vicinity later this week and am happy to swing by and check to see if there is any progress.

Are you coming to be in the Minneapolis are? My wife and I would love to buy you lunch if you are.
Albert Lea looks just about ready to be switched on. Charging spots in place as best I can tell. Could be any day now.

Are you coming to be in the Minneapolis are? My wife and I would love to buy you lunch if you are.
Albert Lea looks just about ready to be switched on. Charging spots in place as best I can tell. Could be any day now.

I'll be in Owatonna most of the time, taking care of stuff with my mom. But I do need to take a friend part way to Alexandria at some point over the weekend, not sure when ... will let you know what my schedule looks like when I know.

Yep, it's one of those trips.