Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1935.jpg
IMG_1922.jpg
IMG_1923.jpg
IMG_1924.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg
IMG_1926.jpg
IMG_1927.jpg
IMG_1928.jpg
IMG_1929.jpg
IMG_1930.jpg
IMG_1931.jpg
IMG_1932.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg

Is it just me or is the crew at Madison a bit challenged? Just an observation but it seems that the crew at Onalaska lapped them and then some (with no tents). Anyways, anyone else notice the SuperCharger page now shows 170 miles for a 30 minute charge vs. 200 (which it was showing before if I remember correctly).

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the crew at Madison a bit challenged? Just an observation but it seems that the crew at Onalaska lapped them and then some (with no tents). Anyways, anyone else notice the SuperCharger page now shows 170 miles for a 30 minute charge vs. 200 (which it was showing before if I remember correctly).

It's the same crew, the same crew is doing Madison, Mauston, Onalaska and Eau Claire. Pleasant Prairie is a completely separate crew. But yes, Madison was a challenge due to limited work space, and weather :(

Just visited Madison site again. No action since bayy's ill-fated adventure there last evening. Crew must be working elsewhere today as the fresh snow was not disturbed by footprints or concrete mixers. Alas. Had to drink those 2 hot chocolates I brought for the guys myself instead...

Thanks for the photos! .... If each pedestal has it's own Supercharger that should mean very fast charging. I usually arrive at a supercharger with under 30 miles remaining and get my first hundred miles of charge in fifteen minutes {when I do not have to share the supercharger}. As long as the next supercharger location is not too far away, and it is much, much warmer outside, traveling form one to another in the midwest should be effortless. I'm reading that keeping the car warm uses quite a bit of energy sooo in wintery conditions, we'll have to add and extra 50 miles or so of charge between superchargers to be comfortable. That's about a thirty-forty minute stop in winter, still very comfortable after driving for a few hours. Looking forward to your video soon!

@ Calvin.K===>>Great pics

Lots of work to still occur here:
** enclosure fence and secured gate for ESVE
** probably pour concrete bases for EV charging signage posts
** move and smooth piles of dirt, do some type of landscaping/sod/seeding
** remove dirt from paving area, thoroughly clean paving, probably re-paint parking space stripes
** remove all temporary orange fencing and posts

I can't imagine SpC HV power being on without the ESVEs being protected/secured inside a fence

@ Calvin.K===>>Great pics

Lots of work to still occur here:
** enclosure fence and secured gate for ESVE
** probably pour concrete bases for EV charging signage posts
** move and smooth piles of dirt, do some type of landscaping/sod/seeding
** remove dirt from paving area, thoroughly clean paving, probably re-paint parking space stripes
** remove all temporary orange fencing and posts

I can't imagine SpC HV power being on without the ESVEs being protected/secured inside a fence

At least without a fence, you could stand outside in the WI winter in front of the cooling fan, and have a nice breeze, even at 0 degrees out :)

But yah, a lot of TLC needs to be done, but I think a portion will not be until spring. 0 degrees = pile of dirt has the consistency of concrete.