Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice news. Now, when will Islandbayy stop, charge and post one of his famous videos???

NOT ONLINE!!! I REPEAT NOT ONLINE!!!! Madison is not even close to being online! STUCK HERE! 0 degrees, snowing, 45 miles to home with 55 rated left, which means i will be about 20 short.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, found a nice slow charge point. me an the midgets wil be stuk here for about 2 hrs to get enough, already reported to SC support.

NOT ONLINE!!! I REPEAT NOT ONLINE!!!! Madison is not even close to being online! STUCK HERE! 0 degrees, snowing, 45 miles to home with 55 rated left, which means i will be about 20 short.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, found a nice slow charge point. me an the midgets wil be stuk here for about 2 hrs to get enough, already reported to SC support.

Is the slow charge point at the SC? Or is it a J1772?

- - - Updated - - -

Did SC support respond to you? If so, what was there response?

Glad to hear you found something close by, to bad the CHAdeMO adapter didnt ship yet:confused:

No kidding, i can see a CHAdeMO station from here. All lit up, going unused. nice warm 50Kw station to get rid of the chill! I even have a access card for it...

- - - Updated - - -

Did SC support respond to you? If so, what was there response?
I phoned, the SC was already removed from the chargers page earlier today, i was just unkucky enough to not see it removed. direct page still works. they want me to email progress pictures to them tonight.

oh, and yes =] i made a video.

Last edited:
Reading from Northern CA. Take pictures of where you are if it's not too freezing! Post here and upload to Recargo! I am forever forgetting to take photos when I'm charging and updating networks! Plus.. for those of us unfamiliar with such cold temperatures and snow, it will be nice to see how it is done in the snowy weather... even if it is a L2. I guess Madison is just about ready to go live? Any pictures of Madison? Stay warm and have a safe drive back home. ...and thank you for making the trek out there to check the new Superchargers out! Bummer it was not operational!

- - - Updated - - -

Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 6.00.39 PM.png

Brrrrrr! but I guess you know that already!

Since it isn't on the official map nor the list, I'm guessing the response will be it isn't open yet.
Should be soon though. Hopefully just testing and final inspections?
It was listed earlier today though. Map is usually a few days to a week behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading from Northern CA. Take pictures of where you are if it's not too freezing! Post here and upload to Recargo! I am forever forgetting to take photos when I'm charging and updating networks! Plus.. for those of us unfamiliar with such cold temperatures and snow, it will be nice to see how it is done in the snowy weather... even if it is a L2. I guess Madison is just about ready to go live? Any pictures of Madison? Stay warm and have a safe drive back home. ...and thank you for making the trek out there to check the new Superchargers out! Bummer it was not operational!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 39454

Brrrrrr! but I guess you know that already!

Request granted, Photo's taken, froze my hand to the camcorder and got some video. I am uploading that now, It's a 3 segment video, 1 at SC kinda pissed, 2 at Chargepoint getting ready to go, 3 me rambling while drving about supercharger spacing :)

So, lucked out a bit. After sitting at Chargepoint for a hour, got a phone call. My Mom was driving through Madison as well, wanted to see if I would like to meet and get dinner. So we lucked out, she picked the boys and me up and we went to "The Journey" Chinese Buffet with Sushi & Hibachi. Then dropped us back off at the Model S. Got up to 102ish miles charge to make it the 45 miles home. FYI, I arrived home with 15 miles left. Thats with heat in Range Mode, driving 55-65mph, and taking it easy. So thats the effect 0 degrees F with a -15 to -20 Windchill has. Took about 25-30 minutes for the Regen limiter to completely disappear. I talk about that, charging in cold, supercharger spacing and some more in video coming up. Uploading now, will be available in the morning. I will upload Photo's tonight. Not a lot of snow, but really was blowing, and friggin COLD!

Almost Forgot, Their will only be !!!3!!! supercharger stations. Usually, most SC locations start with 3 SC's and have 6 kiosks, 2 charging kiosks per SC, here it will be 1 sc per kiosk. nou sure if it's space constraints, power grid, or mall owners that placed the limitation.

Weird. On the plus side, you shouldn't have to worry about reduced charging rate due to sharing juice...

Almost Forgot, Their will only be !!!3!!! supercharger stations. Usually, most SC locations start with 3 SC's and have 6 kiosks, 2 charging kiosks per SC, here it will be 1 sc per kiosk. nou sure if it's space constraints, power grid, or mall owners that placed the limitation.
The only reason I can think of that makes sense would be if they were trying to receive a tax credit before the end of the year because the 30% credit ends today. I don't think there is power constants and I doubt that the mall would place that limitation considering they were approved for 6 SC's.

I just stopped at the pleasant prairie supercharger location. The tent is gone but the supercharger is not all that close to completion. I'll post the few pics I snapped when I get to my computer later tonight.

Here are the pics from last night's trip to the Pleasant Prairie Supercharger. Looks like they have 3 transformers so hopefully that means 6 charging stations although by the number of boxes I'm not sure what they're setting up.

1k-IMG_0335.JPG

1k-IMG_0336.JPG

1k-IMG_0337.JPG

1k-IMG_0338.JPG

1k-IMG_0339.JPG

1k-IMG_0340.JPG

1k-IMG_0341.JPG