Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wishlist / improvements / enhancements (RFEs)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Driver profiles to store ALL of the Driver settings (acceleration, steering & regen modes, etc.).
- Control over the auto-tilt mirror position, both up/down AND in/out; this needs to also be stored under the driver profiles
- Control to turn OFF auto dimming of the mirrors
- CHAdeMO support (sorry if I sound like a broken record)
- Do these things and the others mentioned here in this thread BEFORE any more Atari game emulations are developed/released

interesting to see how many of these "wishes" have now been granted through OTA updates. Does anyone know where we can make these suggestions to Tesla so they can be considered?

I would add the request to unfold mirrors at 25 mph, not 30. I drive through a residential area on the first part of my commute but the mirrors don't unfold until I'm on a main thoroughfare unless I (gasp) speed.

An obvious one based on earlier posts is to create more contrast on the red car icon so the brake lights are distinguishable.

This is a potential buyers wishlist, things I wish that were on the menu:

1) Please bring back the metallic silver color option. White, black, and silver are the three most popular colors on any car model and Tesla has two of them covered but stopped offering the silver. It is the color that is the easiest to maintain and shows the lines and curves of the car the best.

2) Give us the option for cloth seats. I understand leather is the premium option but leather (vegan or otherwise) does not breathe so you end up with a sweaty back unless the a/c is blasting to keep the cabin super cold, which will impact your energy consumption. Less of a concern is the cold weather but still leather seats get colder and they get cold pretty quickly (compared to cloth) forcing one to use the seat heaters more often. Cloth seats simply resist temperature changes better. I don't even care if it is cheaper or the same price as the leather, just please give me the option.

3) Offer us a heated steering wheel. I am really surprised this was omitted and wasn't part of the premium interior upgrade. It is a roughly $200 option in most ICE cars unless it has already been bundled with the heated seats. I understand one can wear gloves or preheat the cabin every time driving in cold but give me the option of not wearing gloves, channeling heat toward the steering wheel, or preheat everytime before I drive. All other premium (and most mainstream) brands give me the option. I understand it is not a must but so is the keyless entry, it is just a nice convenience for those who are willing to pay for it, please take my money Tesla :)

I love the Model 3 and I am hoping it will be my next car. The lack of these options will most likely not change my purchase decision but I just wanted to give a potential buyer's feedback in case Tesla was looking for some...

Oh and I know this is a very long shot but it would be nice to have paddle shifters on the steering wheel to quickly alter the regen level among none, medium, and max so that one can coast when possible (better efficiency than regen) and max the regen if needing to slow down quickly. It would also add more driver involvement as it is almost like shifting in a regular car with multi-gear transmission...

• Disagree
Reactions: pipestem
Oh and I know this is a very long shot but it would be nice to have paddle shifters on the steering wheel to quickly alter the regen level among none, medium, and max so that one can coast when possible (better efficiency than regen) and max the regen if needing to slow down quickly. It would also add more driver involvement as it is almost like shifting in a regular car with multi-gear transmission...

just modulate the pedal for the same thing.

• Ability to clear non-vital messages (like regen breaking limited) we don't need those coming up constantly especially during the winter. Swiping them to the side only lasts a bit of time before they pop right back up again
  • Move non-vital messages to the empty space above the speedometer at the top, right now they block cars behind and to the sides of me
  • Move the +/- buttons back to the drivers side of the map, the far right side of the screen is difficult to get to safely

1. Allow you to preheat your car with a Bluetooth connection not a Cell connection.
2. Set time for preheating car automatically.
3. When playing from usb, the back button takes me to the top of the menu tree rather than just back one screen. It should just take me back to the previous screen. For instance, if I am looking at songs by artist, then select an artist starting with a C->album->song list, when I click the back arrow to see a different album by the same artist, it takes me all the way back to the top of the artists page for the artists starting with A. I'd much rather it just back out one screen to I could select an alternate album without having to scroll through the whole list again.
4. A Button to switch between the 3 media player window sizes that was a bit larger or at least not right next to rewind.
5. Ability to turn down heat in Romance mode

Reactions: pipestem
Lights. Keep rear lights on for several seconds when I exit the car. First i like to look at them when I walk away, and second might be extra safety for a few seconds. The rear camera backup light would be nice so I don't step into a slush puddle in the dark.

Windows. App control for up and down. Sometimes i forget to put up a rear window.

Windows. Option to raise windows on auto exit lock.

Windows. Option to automatically bump down windows about 1 inch to let out summer heat. For bonus raise windows when water detected as done for wipers.

Wipers. Slow down the )*(#$*() auto wiper speed. Still sweeps like a maniac, twice too fast most of the time.

Climate. I want to be able to explicitly turn on the fan without turning on either heat or a/c.

Climate. I want to turn on auto without sudden blast of cold air in the face. If it is time for heat then warm the element and then start heat output on feet.

Reactions: israndy