Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Within a week I got my model x I broke my right quarter glass and side view mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really sad today. I hit a parking gate with my side view mirror and it broke my quarter glass and mirror is bent a little. I just got the car this week. How much will the repair cost?

You can schedule that repair through the app. No idea what it might cost. But it is hard to very much work done for less than a couple thousand. It really depends on how much actual damage is in that "mirror is bent a little."

You can schedule that repair through the app. No idea what it might cost. But it is hard to very much work done for less than a couple thousand. It really depends on how much actual damage is in that "mirror is bent a little."

That could be a little tricky right now in CA.

Sounds like no body damage though.

I would think that this damage would be covered under your comprehensive coverage rather than under your collision coverage. Your deductible might be lower and this shouldn’t count against you as an accident. Just a thought, I have no expertise in this area, though.

Here is the bend
C110785F-FE3E-465D-9838-8B1025684342.jpeg

Have Tesla insurance.
Then why are you asking what it costs?

I had a stone create a 50cm crack in the windshield in the first week of owning the car. Insurance pays so I don‘t care what it costs. That‘s why I have insurance. Tesla Repairs of mirrors and Windshields and what not, are always above my 500 Swiss Frank insurance deductible/excess (the part pf a repair bill you always have to pay yourself) anyway so I always claim these type of repairs.
I‘m insured with a local Swiss company.

Last edited:
Then why are you asking what it costs?

I had a stone create a 50cm crack in the windshield in the first week of owning the car. Insurance pays so I don‘t care what it costs. That‘s why I have insurance. Tesla Repairs of mirrors and Windshields and what not, are always above my 500 Swiss Frank insurance deductible/excess (the part pf a repair bill you always have to pay yourself) anyway so I always claim these type of repairs.
I‘m insured with a local Swiss company.

I just wanted to know that cost won't be too much to increase my premium. The other thing is I am really sad that I did this to my 1 week old car.

Nobody here will be able to tell you what your specific case will cost. Get a quote from a Tesla certified repair shop. Then you can decide.

Sure it‘s sad. My windshield got messed up by a small stone flung my way on the third day. The third day!!
Yes it sucks but that‘s life. By the way, If Tesla insurance punishes you by increasing your premium on the first incident, they suck. Get a decent insurance.
I can have 1 self-inflicted damage per year without consequences. This „protection“ costs a mere 4 Swiss franks per month which is nothing in the greater scheme of things. Insurance is not something one should cheap out on if you want peace of mind.

This is very poor service for such a premium car.

Before you start complaining, don't forget how the Corona virus is impacting all kinds of logistics eh. A lot of non-essential goods take longer to get from A to B. I don't know how it is in the States but over here in Western Europe, the roads and highways are deserted and Semi's moving goods are only seen every now and then (mainly carrying health-care and food-stuffs). They used to be everywhere before this crisis started.

And besides, what other brands offer mobile repair services?