Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wonder why 2021.4.21.3 is going out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I messed with the settings a ton. I don't know what to set them to. I just got the MY two months ago, fyi. When I turn the lane departure assistance off, then it lets me drift outside the lane without kicking on like it used to. If I turn it on, it auto corrects but beeps a ton, which is new.
I mean call me crazy but if it's doing that a lot to the point where it's annoying, maybe you should pay better attention and stop drifting into other lanes? 🤷‍♂️ lol

Updated fine. Now can go 2 for ACC for closer following. Seems to stop smoother. No FSD vision only. Feel I should have 25.7 like most are getting. Very minor update. But happy about closer ACC and smoother stopping so far on drive home.

General visualizations have slightly improved like showing motorcycles and people some other color changes and improvements.
I'll keep replying to myself. After driving it a few days, I was wrong, it doesn't stop smoother, it still weaves around in a lane, takes the outside of a turn, then swerves/overcorrects to late to straighten out when the road does.

Only good thing is the ACC lets you go to 2 now...otherwise. Kind of a garbage update and useless.

Tesla needs to get it together...they are dragging way behind on their promise to vision only customers and improving.

Maybe I will get 25.7 and it will be helpful as others have said it seems to improve driving.

I'll keep replying to myself. After driving it a few days, I was wrong, it doesn't stop smoother, it still weaves around in a lane, takes the outside of a turn, then swerves/overcorrects to late to straighten out when the road does.

Only good thing is the ACC lets you go to 2 now...otherwise. Kind of a garbage update and useless.

Tesla needs to get it together...they are dragging way behind on their promise to vision only customers and improving.

Maybe I will get 25.7 and it will be helpful as others have said it seems to improve driving.
That has nothing to do with 'vision cars'. I have had that same issue since I got the car in 2020. On a curvy highway, the autopilot hugs the outside too much and then over corrects when it gets straight again. Autopilot has ALWAYS used just the cameras because radar can't see lane markers. It only used radar to detect objects.

Reactions: rjpjnk
I have a June 27 2021 Model Y. The 2021.4.21.3 updated last night. Today I have no cruise control available. This was my week to try auto pilot and I set everything to do that before the update. Now no autopilot is available. I am hoping on a mini road trip next week. I need these features.

WHat is going on? Should I schedule service?

I have a June 27 2021 Model Y. The 2021.4.21.3 updated last night. Today I have no cruise control available. This was my week to try auto pilot and I set everything to do that before the update. Now no autopilot is available. I am hoping on a mini road trip next week. I need these features.

WHat is going on? Should I schedule service?
Maybe it's back to requiring you to drive a little bit first in order to calibrate?

Just got this update the other day. What’s the deal with 2021.24? I’ve only had my car for a couple of months so I’m not familiar with the nomenclature, but how does the numbering system work? Not sure how 2021.24 fits in the sequence with 2021.4.21.3