TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Woo-hoo. Cherry Hill, NJ Tesla store officially open 4/13/2018

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by C141medic, Apr 10, 2018.

1. C141medic

C141medic Active Member

For all NJ and surrounding state forum members. Just stopped in at the Tesla Cherry Hill, NJ store and was informed that grand opening is this Friday the 13th. They also mentioned they’re hoping to get the model 3 on display soon.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

0150A654-DB68-49EC-82D6-A2F0270E06B5.jpeg
    It’s there. I took this picture of it through the window (like a stalker) at 5:30am this morning.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
    • Funny x 1
  3. YauKwan

YauKwan Member

Didnt know the demand for seeing the car was still that high. Im in Jersey and have a 3. Is there any interest in me showing up somewhere and maybe allowing test drives for some set amount of money, you know to pay for all the gas/wear and tear?

• Funny x 1
  4. C141medic

C141medic Active Member

Appreciate the offer but in my case I’ll probably rent from Turo so I can get an extended test drive to check out autopilot, etc.

5. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

I think there's only one Model 3 on Turo in the tri-state area.

6. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

I’ve definitely seen at least two on there.

They are still a rare sight in NJ. I’m glad to see that they’re finally starting to show up in the stores here. I catch at least two people a day staring at mine when I’m driving around :D

7. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

After driving by this morning, the charging red 3 above is gone from the store's side garage where it was charging so it might be owned by an employee or they already were delivering them to customers before the opening on Friday. So like other stores, they may not have one to display.

• Informative x 2
  8. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

My delivery advisor indicated this week that the Cherry Hill location would not do Model 3 deliveries so soon after opening. Unfortunately, I can't schedule my delivery there (end of month). I'm guessing that was an employee car or a showroom example.

9. YauKwan

YauKwan Member

Is there anything special with new tesla store openings? like do they give you a free Tesla for being the first person there? Sort of like Dunkin donuts and free donuts?

I'll go camp out for a bit if there is.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  10. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

So to have an advisor, I assume you already got a call with your VIN and a delivery date was set? I configured/ordered 3 weeks ago and having not gotten the call, I hope mine can be one of the store's first deliveries. It would save me a ton of time and trouble.

• Like x 1
  11. C141medic

C141medic Active Member

Definitely a free Tesla. I’ve been camping there this past week. Must’ve missed my tent.

• Funny x 3
  12. Cirrus MS100D

Cirrus MS100D Supporting Member

Nice! Hopefully this will take some of the load off the Devon, PA location.

• Like x 2
  13. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

As I understand it, once your VIN is assigned you will get a call from your assigned advisor. I happened to see my VIN (what? No, I wasn't checking multiple times a day, that would be crazy... heh.) so I ended up calling Tesla customer service before they called me. I was told the name of my advisor and given her contact info. We then connected to deal with the pre-purchase steps. I think their main goal is to ensure that you have no unanswered questions, and that all the paperwork is done in advance so delivery goes smoothly and quickly.

I'm guessing you'll get your VIN soon!

• Informative x 1
  14. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

Got it, thanks. This would be a case though where I hope there's just a little bit more delay in the assignment of my VIN so that the timing is right for Cherry Hill to become a functional delivery center for me. It's a neighborhood away from where I work.

15. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

Lucky you! That's awesome.

For me, Springfield is 45 miles away. Devon, PA is 45 miles away. Cherry Hill is 45 miles away. It is almost hard to believe that there is no Tesla location in the Princeton, NJ area, given the number of Teslas in the area and the equidistance from the other options.

• Like x 1
  16. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

The problem is that the concentration of Tesla's in the Princeton area is very high, but its a very small area.

17. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

The other problem is as far as I’m aware Tesla is still limited to 4 sales locations in NJ. I’m sure they would open up at least another 3 or 4 locations if current NJ law allowed them to do so.

I’m pretty sure there is no limit on service centers though, so I hope that they will build at least another 2 service locations in NJ. The Springfield location is pretty close to me but I don’t see how they are going to be able to handle service for all of the Tesla vehicles that will be in NJ just a year from now.

18. Selfish Gene

Selfish Gene Member

Funny how you've triangulated your location. I saw the first sentence of your post and immediately thought you must be in Princeton only to be proven right a few words below. I commute to the Cherry Hill area every day, but will not take a detour to the new store unless there is a Model 3 there. Strangely enough, given the concentration of Model S and X in the area (at least one whenever I do my daily walk on Alexander road and Canal Pointe boulevard) I haven't seen a 3 in the area yet.

19. C141medic

C141medic Active Member

Just received this email:

Starting April 13, Model 3 will be on display at Tesla Cherry Hill and Tesla Short Hills.

As you prepare for ownership, you can sit inside Model 3 and experience the expansive glass roof, premium interior and 15-inch touchscreen display. Tesla product experts will be available in store to answer any questions you have on your upcoming order and discuss how our energy products can power your home and charge your car. You’ll also have the opportunity to hear about the latest Tesla updates, including our Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive system, now standard for Model S and Model X.

• Like x 1
  20. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

Excellent guess! As for the 3s in the area, I have seen half a dozen, but only because I go to a detailer in Hillsborough who lets me walk around the cars he is working on. I've seen only one out on the road. I'm sure they will be incredibly common in this area in three months, maybe, six months, definitely.

• Funny x 2