Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Woo-hoo. Cherry Hill, NJ Tesla store officially open 4/13/2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla shows job openings in Princeton and Lawrence Township. I wonder if they plan to open a store / service center
That would explain the bit in this article that says the Cherry Hill store took the license from the Paramus store. Princeton would make 5 meaning one would need to become just a service center. Unless Short Hills counts as a store, seems like that would just be a gallery though.

E797FC96-97A4-41A5-9311-A53DCFD34E8F.jpeg
345E73AE-A674-468D-BAC8-9BE1EC1BBC06.jpeg

Just came from the grand opening today. Store is very nice. Full service center as well as a nice showroom with the M3, S, and X on display. Unfortunately no test drives, yet, for the M3. I did get a free M3 though (sort of)- they were giving away prints but was disappointed there was no teslaquila;)

Attachments

• 93674AB5-5877-4333-ADE1-A833580A1507.jpeg
    93674AB5-5877-4333-ADE1-A833580A1507.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 02062E35-EF6A-4EAE-8591-802705F20EDD.jpeg
    02062E35-EF6A-4EAE-8591-802705F20EDD.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 57
View attachment 294019
View attachment 294020

Just came from the grand opening today. Store is very nice. Full service center as well as a nice showroom with the M3, S, and X on display. Unfortunately no test drives, yet, for the M3. I did get a free M3 though (sort of)- they were giving away prints but was disappointed there was no teslaquila;)

I visited Short Hills Mall today. They had hundreds of these ready to be given away. I saw a lot of interest in Model 3 and it will probably be packed tomorrow and Sunday. They had a red Model 3 VIN ending F006267.

So the Garden State Plaza location is now only a gallery location and can no longer do sales. That makes sense since there are actually two locations in Paramus, no need for them both to be sales locations.

I’m sure this new Lawrenceville location will end up taking the sales license from Short Hills.

Time to get the laws in NJ changed. Only 4 sales locations in the most densely populated state in the country is not sufficient. I’m hoping that they’ll eventually have at least 8 service centers throughout the state. I do not believe the 4 sales location limit in NJ has any restriction on the number of service locations they can have.

I went to the store Saturday afternoon. Sorry, I didn't get the VIN. It was about a half an hour wait in line to sit in the Model 3 and play with the screen. They let you take as much time as you want, hence the long-ish wait to see it. They also have a Midnight silver Model S on display and a white Model X. You are allowed to get in those as well.

I'm excited that I won't have to go to PA for my delivery. I assume by summer time they will be delivering Model 3s. My delivery estimate is July-August and I really can't wait now that I have seen one in person. I'm also glad that the service center is there, though it didn't look to be up and running yet.

Reactions: PoitNarf
I went to the store Saturday afternoon. Sorry, I didn't get the VIN. It was about a half an hour wait in line to sit in the Model 3 and play with the screen. They let you take as much time as you want, hence the long-ish wait to see it. They also have a Midnight silver Model S on display and a white Model X. You are allowed to get in those as well.

I'm excited that I won't have to go to PA for my delivery. I assume by summer time they will be delivering Model 3s. My delivery estimate is July-August and I really can't wait now that I have seen one in person. I'm also glad that the service center is there, though it didn't look to be up and running yet.

I just got my VIN yesterday (black with aeros, 138XX) and during my visit also on Saturday, the Cherry Hill Tesla confirmed I will indeed take my delivery there. So they are good to go as a delivery center NOW. Jessica (the young woman that was likely sitting in the back of the 3 while you were in it) said she handles 3 deliveries and they are performing them now.

I just got my VIN yesterday (black with aeros, 138XX) and during my visit also on Saturday, the Cherry Hill Tesla confirmed I will indeed take my delivery there. So they are good to go as a delivery center NOW. Jessica (the young woman that was likely sitting in the back of the 3 while you were in it) said she handles 3 deliveries and they are performing them now.
That's great news! The wait must be really excruciating now that you have your VIN...

Excellent guess! As for the 3s in the area, I have seen half a dozen, but only because I go to a detailer in Hillsborough who lets me walk around the cars he is working on. I've seen only one out on the road. I'm sure they will be incredibly common in this area in three months, maybe, six months, definitely.

which detailer? looking for a good one near Hillsborough...