Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wood Decor Choice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A picture is worth a thousand words and much better than the samples in the Tesla showroom. I have actually found some pictures of the new Matte Obeche Wood Decor dash and it looks very nice. I can't seem to find anyone who has posted pictures of their Figured Ash Wood Decor dash. If anyone can post some pictures I'd really appreciate it. Also if anyone has comments on these two Decor choices that would be great.

Thanks ahead of time,
MacOnWheels

In my 2013 I had the matte obeche in the old horizontal configuration. My new refresh 2016 I opted for the matte figured ash. I will try to remember to post pics later. I opted for the figured ash for a change. I love it. That being said, the obeche is more unique and I prefer it overall, though both are great in the matte finish, as they are interesting, no dust, no fingerprints too. The obeche is more in the greyer tone, and the ash is more tannish/orangish. I have the ash with the black alcantera headliner/dash with tan seats in a white model S. It's great!

In my 2013 I had the matte obeche in the old horizontal configuration. My new refresh 2016 I opted for the matte figured ash. I will try to remember to post pics later. I opted for the figured ash for a change. I love it. That being said, the obeche is more unique and I prefer it overall, though both are great in the matte finish, as they are interesting, no dust, no fingerprints too. The obeche is more in the greyer tone, and the ash is more tannish/orangish. I have the ash with the black alcantera headliner/dash with tan seats in a white model S. It's great!
Clint,
Thanks for the information. I'm really looking forward to seeing your pictures of the figured ash. I'm sure it will be helpful to all those that are considering figured ash as a choice.
Have a GREAT day,
Bill
MacOnWheels

Some uploaded this pic of dark ash.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    491.6 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
The best choice for you depends on your overall style preference.

Matte Obeche has horizontal lines and looks very modern.

The figured ash has a more traditional natural wood grain look. I think it looks great with gray. Actually that's the color combination I have throughout my house (wood floor with gray walls).