Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would Extended Warranty Make Sense?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I am expected to receive my MX 100D next week and super excited! I have no doubt that I will love the driving experience.

However I also read up on other threads and youtube videos about non-drive train workmanship (e.g. electronics, mechanical, and exteriors), and they are either poorly assembled or bad quality. That said, an extended warranty would make sense as an insurance for these fallout.

For those of you who owned a Model X for a while (6+ months), what is your thought?
For those of you who recently owned one, did you discover any issues that at delivery?

Thanks,
Sam

...make sense...

It makes sense for those who will be affected and for those who can least afford the unexpected expensive repairs.

It doesn't make sense for those who will not be affected and for those who can easily pay for unexpected repair bills.

But how do you know who will be affected or not?

If I can answer that for you, I'll be so rich for being a fortune teller!

Thanks for the input and I probably need to refine my question.

Once the standard warranty expired, how much have you racked up on repair bills thus far? I guess this question only applies to those who drove more than 50k miles or owned more than 4 years.

Thanks for the input and I probably need to refine my question.

Once the standard warranty expired, how much have you racked up on repair bills thus far? I guess this question only applies to those who drove more than 50k miles or owned more than 4 years.
Our '13 Model S that we have at work has ~80k miles on it and it had needed nothing more than an alignment after the warranty expired. I have ~30k miles on my '16 Model S and it has been OK so far.

Reactions: slee