Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would this be a good deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Long time Tesla enthusiast here :)

I currently have an Inventory car on hold for me and if its ok with you, I want to hear your opinions if this is a good deal or not.

it is for a 2015 P90DL which was a Demo car in California. It currently has 44K miles on it and old facia.

Things to consider:

- As it is an inventory car the New vehicle Warranty starts the day I take ownership of the car.
- As it a "new" car it is eligible for the Tax credit ($7,500)

Equipment:

upload_2017-9-1_10-53-29.png

So price wise it is in the realm of a new 75 with AP2.5 Hardware. Or 20K more expensive than a Model 3 (with a reservation estimated delivery for Dec-Feb) And on the other hand, it has Ludicrous!

Any advice you may have for this?

Thank you all

That looks like a great deal. Are you purchasing or leasing? I'll bet with that showroom discount the lease would be really cheap. So you may want them to run that as well. With the mileage and AP1, it might make a perfect lease opportunity.

Ok, still seems like a good deal, so long as the condition of the car works for you. Not sure where you are, but they may cut the transportation fee a bit. I've seen some of the AP1 "new" cars get shipped for $1,000. I'll send you a PM with some strategy on the transportation fee. Also, because it is a new car still, you should be able to apply a referral code for an additional $1,000 off.

Wow. That is the same price as the 2015 CPO P85D non L we bought and you can still get a referral discount on yours.

I would say totally worth it and an extremely good deal. We would have bought that in a heartbeat when we were shopping.

Ok, still seems like a good deal, so long as the condition of the car works for you. Not sure where you are, but they may cut the transportation fee a bit. I've seen some of the AP1 "new" cars get shipped for $1,000. I'll send you a PM with some strategy on the transportation fee. Also, because it is a new car still, you should be able to apply a referral code for an additional $1,000 off.

Thank you for the PMs :)

If you are asking whether 48% off of a brand-new Model S is a good deal, then yes.
Well, technically "new" in the sense is that is hasn't been titled by private owner. It still has 44K miles on it. I think it is good deal as long as the buyer understands the ramifications and possible wear and tear there might be from that many miles, which has probably meant been used as a loaner vehicle.

Definitely a good deal. Will you be able to inspect the vehicle before delivery if it's in their inventory? It'd be better to take a look at it before your jump in, to check if there's any excessive wear.
Also, if you don't mind, can you tell how did you get to know of this deal? I don't see any high mileage vehicles being listed in the inventory online.

Well, technically "new" in the sense is that is hasn't been titled by private owner. It still has 44K miles on it. I think it is good deal as long as the buyer understands the ramifications and possible wear and tear there might be from that many miles, which has probably meant been used as a loaner vehicle.

Agreed, it is by no means new and I have been told to expect normal wear and tear. They will do their best to bring it to as New condition as possible but it will still be "used". On the other hand, it has a New Vehicle warranty so that will help cover any degradation or hardware malfunctions for some time.

Agreed, it is by no means new and I have been told to expect normal wear and tear. They will do their best to bring it to as New condition as possible but it will still be "used". On the other hand, it has a New Vehicle warranty so that will help cover any degradation or hardware malfunctions for some time.

Will you still have the option to purchase the extended warranty since its "new"? That would allow it to be warrantied up to 144k miles which is kinda awesome.

Definitely a good deal. Will you be able to inspect the vehicle before delivery if it's in their inventory? It'd be better to take a look at it before your jump in, to check if there's any excessive wear.
Also, if you don't mind, can you tell how did you get to know of this deal? I don't see any high mileage vehicles being listed in the inventory online.

I wont be able to see it, it is located in SJ and I am on Raleigh so I will just have to trust them on the state of the car.