Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would You Buy a Model 3 Again Today?

Would you buy a Model 3 again today?

• Yes

Votes: 239 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want to keep this as simple as possible, yes or no please. It doesn't have to be the same configuration as your current Model 3, just simply whether you would buy another Model 3 or not. If your needs have changed and you would prefer a different type of vehicle (ICE or SUV etc) but you liked your overall Model 3 experience please answer yes.

Since I selected "No" I feel like I should explain!

No, because:
  • The $5000 rebate I used for the LR AWD is no longer available
  • The $10,000 rebate that used to be available for SR+ is now $8,000, and SR+ is not a good fit for us anyways
  • Upcoming election may result in more or less rebates
  • The car now comes with less things I'd get anyways, so is more expensive overall (frunk carpet, 14-50 adapter, USB cables, homelink)
  • I quickly experienced just how lacking service is, so it's a bit risky to own right now if you depend on it
  • Since I'm theoretically without a Model 3 in this scenario, I might want and see what 2020 brings for EVs (VW ID3, why not in North America?!)
Yes, because:
  • It''s... it's a Model 3, come on, of course!

I'm slightly disappointed by the fit and finish, especially the road noise, but for the most part I'm really enjoying the car. If it wasn't nearly twice as much, and so big, I might consider a Model S instead though. I wish there was something in the Middle. Something with the interior and build quality of the Model S but the size/performance of the Model 3 P for $70k-$80k would be perfect for me. (like the Tesla equivalent of the BMW M3) Laying out $115k for the Model S Performance is a bit more then I'm willing to pay, even though technically I could afford it.

Not if the pickup truck ends up looking like this
2019-10-10_13-20-12.png
:)