Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you let your M3 make money for you?

Would you let your Tesla make money for you?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assumptions: M3 will ship with fully autonomous hardware and legislation passes allowing its use by 2020 or several years later.

Statistics: We use our our cars only 10% of the time and the other 90% it's sits idle.

Scenario:
After being dropped of at work at 8am your Tesla goes into Taxi mode. People using App summon a S, X, 3 etc... depending on their needs. Your car goes and picks them up and drops them off at their location. Then car returns to work picks you up for trip home

Question: Would you be interested and or willing to let your Tesla generate revenue while your not using it?

I currently work at a car share. Each of one our cars are used by dozens of people per day, but I get calls regarding a spill, puke, garbage, pet hair, etc. constantly. It makes me feel less trusting of others, and makes me wary of letting my car drive others around.

I understand the environmental benefits of it, but people treat things that aren't theirs like crap. Maybe if I had a dashcam installed that video'd the users of the car constantly, I'd consider it.

What's to stop someone from someone using your car in the committing of a crime?

Then there's the wear and tear on the vehicle. Cleaning of other's people's trash, damage, etc. Insurance. We know that after paying for costs out of their own pocket Uber drivers take home on average $3/hr. It's just not worth it.

Last edited:
Assumptions: M3 will ship with fully autonomous hardware and legislation passes allowing its use by 2020 or several years later.

Statistics: We use our our cars only 10% of the time and the other 90% it's sits idle.

Scenario:
After being dropped of at work at 8am your Tesla goes into Taxi mode. People using App summon a S, X, 3 etc... depending on their needs. Your car goes and picks them up and drops them off at their location. Then car returns to work picks you up for trip home

Question: Would you be interested and or willing to let your Tesla generate revenue while your not using it?

I don't see my Model 3 as an appliance like some people see their vehicles.

It's probably going to be closer to a valued member of my family.....