Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wyoming is afraid EVs are going to kill their industries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: DrGriz
Wyoming is already kind of a charging desert. It does seem they are adding some EA’s but still very sparse.

It's not great but the major roads are covered.

1673839126523.png

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
This is kinda reminding me of states where dealerships are getting politicians to give them exclusive rights to sell cars so that makers who would compete via online sales are forbidden to try.

Kinda sad. If electric cars suck in Wyoming, no one will buy them. If charging is too irrational, no companies will make chargers there...

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
At one time when Solar was new, I believe that Wyoming was considering putting in a connection-fee charge so that any cost savings for a solar panel system would be zeroed out, or made worse. This was, I think, at the behest of the large coal-fired electrical utility generators.

I just checked: While there's not much of a subsidy for solar in Wyoming, they don't appear to be actively trying to kill solar. But it looks like the same clowns are at it again.

Yeah that map includes Tesla Superchargers.

I was curious about how much Superchargers made the fast-charger map in Wyoming look better than it actually is, so I filtered Plugshare first by CSS only, then by Tesla Supercharger only.

Both types of fast chargers seem to have pretty similar coverage.

It's only along the interstates for the most parts, but when you factor the better coverage just outside the border in all directions, a road trip through Wyoming looks very doable. For sightseeing within the state, you'd most likely still need a hotel with destination charging as a base, or do use an inefficient out-and-back charging strategy.

CCS only
CCS_wyoming.png

Tesla Supercharger only
tesla_supercharger_wyoming.png

Actually, the problem is at the other end: oil and coal barons. It’s Red State all the way: lip service about, “Freedom!”, so long as it’s about the freedom of the insanely rich.
Oddly enough, the richest (even if only part time) residents of WY are actually mostly pro-conservation.

For the plebs, anyway…Surely you can’t expect them to keep their 6,000sqft lodge at anything less than 72F in the winter.

Spare a thought for the untold suffering!

Reactions: MitchMitch