Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X’s delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My LR Model X, MSM, Cream, 5 seat indicates August delivery. I ordered November 22, 2020. I think I would prefer old batteries. Just because somethings new, doesn't mean it's better. Something is changed, when I ordered the range was 371, now it's 360 and they cut a couple hundred pounds out of it. I ordered another Tesla because I don't want the first year Cadillac, Rivian or Mach-E. Let them iron out the bugs. I don't know if I will like the refresh interior of the X. I want to try one before I plunk down the money.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
I ordered MX LR on June 8th, shows January currently. Actually happy about the long wait, and the ability to postpone delivery. My current GLE53 Mercedes is only 2 years old so I am not in a rush at all. Want to be able to test drive the new MX which is still not an option right now, and see some real world reviews before I commit. Secretly hoping that with a Q1 22 delivery window it might get the 4680 batteries.

.......when I ordered the range was 371, now it's 360 and they cut a couple hundred pounds out of it............
This was one of the first things I noticed. Its only 11 miles but it doesn't make sense that the range dropped especially with how efficient the new hvac system is and the new chemistry of the 18650s. I definitely wouldn't have expected a range decrease. Even the LR MS increased by 3 miles, so that is where my hope is with MX finding those 11 lost miles again. I would like to think that as we get closer to the launch of Model X we will see that raise back up to around 371.

I have a September date -- ordered week prior to refresh -- and am still hoping against hope that they will offer a regular wheel option on this vehicle.... I also have a Rivian coming and am dying to cancel that and get the X but I won't if have to take the dreaded yoke.... why read of the early S feedback is that the even the most devoted Tesla fanboys are struggling to contort themselves into rationalizing acceptance of it when in actuality they seem to loath it... that's just my reading...

Reactions: Vitaman
Motor Trend confirmed it’s a smaller battery by 4kwh than the LR+.

It won’t matter. With the better cooling and heat pump and slightly better aero, real world range will be as good or better than the old model. And it charges almost twice as fast (sustains 170+ kw deep into the 40% range).

Reactions: croman
This was one of the first things I noticed. Its only 11 miles but it doesn't make sense that the range dropped especially with how efficient the new hvac system is and the new chemistry of the 18650s. I definitely wouldn't have expected a range decrease. Even the LR MS increased by 3 miles, so that is where my hope is with MX finding those 11 lost miles again. I would like to think that as we get closer to the launch of Model X we will see that raise back up to around 371.

Pack size dropped from 104kwh for the LR+ to 100kwh for current LR. That's not bad as they added tons of improvements to the pack architecture and cooling design including a heat pump and new HVAC.

I'm stoked and I have a prior generation Tesla Model S.

I'm looking at Jan/Feb delivery and I might postpone delivery and hope they drop the Yoke and improve on issues in the initial designs by Q2 2022.

I have a September date -- ordered week prior to refresh -- and am still hoping against hope that they will offer a regular wheel option on this vehicle.... I also have a Rivian coming and am dying to cancel that and get the X but I won't if have to take the dreaded yoke.... why read of the early S feedback is that the even the most devoted Tesla fanboys are struggling to contort themselves into rationalizing acceptance of it when in actuality they seem to loath it... that's just my reading...
If you plan to drop Rivian….may offer it to someone who wants it…. Me !!