TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

X delayed for factory retool DS lied.

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Jmrck5, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Jmrck5

Jmrck5 Member

Not sure if I'm going to push this issue but I really wanted to spend the extra for the 100D and feel I got conned out of it by my DS.

DS-
    The Model X will be complete during the week of March 6th. The factory expects the Model X to arrive in St. Louis around March 22nd. What does your availability look like in late-March for delivery?

ME-
    I feel a little mislead when I requested to make changes to a 100D in January you indicated that our model x was due to be complete at the end of the week (January 30) and could not be upgraded for this reason. Is the delay due to a change to the 100D?

DS-
    The factory originally planned to have your Model X completed on the 30th of January. This changed since our factory is shutting down to install new tools.

Unfortunately the factory doesn’t send me notifications on when they will adjust the production schedule, I’m only able to view this information once it happens.

2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

You might want to ask how the shut down in late February prevented the factory from completing your Model X in late January.

• Like x 2
  3. Jmrck5

Jmrck5 Member

I think in need to reach out somewhere above my ds. Maybe Fremont.

4. WillK

WillK Member

So the factory retool started in Jan ? I thought mid feb. Are they further on the model 3 than we thought? Or are they retooling the X or S in Jan?

5. Jmrck5

Jmrck5 Member

According to my DS that is why I've been delayed.

6. MasterT

MasterT Member

Sounds like BS. Hope you had written communications with your DS and if you can prove that your DS caused you to miss the update, I think it would be reasonable to ask to transfer your deposit to a new order.

• Like x 1
  7. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

Yeah, you were lied to. It's SOP in the sales team. It's mind-boggling that corporate lets them do it.

8. Jmrck5

Jmrck5 Member

What do I do who do I contact? Any suggestions

9. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

You could start with your DS. Explain that you want to move the deposit to a new build in light of the incorrect information provided. Point out that with the factory shutting down for retooling next week, that was clearly not the reason that your X was not built by January 30th. If your DS does not provide satisfaction, I'd ask to speak to your DS's supervisor.

• Like x 1
  10. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

Was your car showing as already in production in when you contacted them about the change? That would seem to me to be a fair explanation for why they couldn't make a change.

11. Jmrck5

Jmrck5 Member

It was not in production just confirmed.

12. PedanticOne

PedanticOne MyTesla Refresh Champion

Sometimes I feel like a lot of these DS's are not much better than a customer service rep at, say, comcast. They say lots of things, but they really have no idea how things work. It probably doesn't help that it seems like they have no real good internal mechanism for tracking status properly.

• Like x 2
  13. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

Ugh. Yeah, they probably just didn't want to deal with doing it so they made stuff up. Once a sale is made (order is confirmed), they're disinterested. A DS is at root little more than a paperwork clerk at delivery (and an email contact to divert emails from Owner Advisors who need to focus on new sales). Some of them are awesome people who go beyond what they need to -- but alas that's not an attitude held by enough of them.

• Like x 2
  14. Jmrck5

Jmrck5 Member

I finally got some resolution and an upgrade to the x100d.

• Like x 4
  15. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Can you now please tell us how awesome your DS is?

• Like x 1
  16. Jmrck5

Jmrck5 Member

Yes after prodding he said he would contact the production manage. I am much happier as a customer with this resolution. He has been very professional in recent conversations and is much appreciated. I can only imagine they are often in the dark from Fremont as well.