Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if I'm going to push this issue but I really wanted to spend the extra for the 100D and feel I got conned out of it by my DS.

DS-
The Model X will be complete during the week of March 6th. The factory expects the Model X to arrive in St. Louis around March 22nd. What does your availability look like in late-March for delivery?

ME-
I feel a little mislead when I requested to make changes to a 100D in January you indicated that our model x was due to be complete at the end of the week (January 30) and could not be upgraded for this reason. Is the delay due to a change to the 100D?

DS-
The factory originally planned to have your Model X completed on the 30th of January. This changed since our factory is shutting down to install new tools.

Unfortunately the factory doesn’t send me notifications on when they will adjust the production schedule, I’m only able to view this information once it happens.

Sounds like BS. Hope you had written communications with your DS and if you can prove that your DS caused you to miss the update, I think it would be reasonable to ask to transfer your deposit to a new order.

Reactions: Jmrck5
Not sure if I'm going to push this issue but I really wanted to spend the extra for the 100D and feel I got conned out of it by my DS.

DS-
The Model X will be complete during the week of March 6th. The factory expects the Model X to arrive in St. Louis around March 22nd. What does your availability look like in late-March for delivery?

ME-
I feel a little mislead when I requested to make changes to a 100D in January you indicated that our model x was due to be complete at the end of the week (January 30) and could not be upgraded for this reason. Is the delay due to a change to the 100D?

DS-
The factory originally planned to have your Model X completed on the 30th of January. This changed since our factory is shutting down to install new tools.

Unfortunately the factory doesn’t send me notifications on when they will adjust the production schedule, I’m only able to view this information once it happens.
Yeah, you were lied to. It's SOP in the sales team. It's mind-boggling that corporate lets them do it.

What do I do who do I contact? Any suggestions

You could start with your DS. Explain that you want to move the deposit to a new build in light of the incorrect information provided. Point out that with the factory shutting down for retooling next week, that was clearly not the reason that your X was not built by January 30th. If your DS does not provide satisfaction, I'd ask to speak to your DS's supervisor.

Reactions: disagree
Sometimes I feel like a lot of these DS's are not much better than a customer service rep at, say, comcast. They say lots of things, but they really have no idea how things work. It probably doesn't help that it seems like they have no real good internal mechanism for tracking status properly.

Reactions: disagree and Jmrck5
It was not in production just confirmed.
Ugh. Yeah, they probably just didn't want to deal with doing it so they made stuff up. Once a sale is made (order is confirmed), they're disinterested. A DS is at root little more than a paperwork clerk at delivery (and an email contact to divert emails from Owner Advisors who need to focus on new sales). Some of them are awesome people who go beyond what they need to -- but alas that's not an attitude held by enough of them.

Reactions: Cowby and Jmrck5
Ugh. Yeah, they probably just didn't want to deal with doing it so they made stuff up. Once a sale is made (order is confirmed), they're disinterested. A DS is at root little more than a paperwork clerk at delivery (and an email contact to divert emails from Owner Advisors who need to focus on new sales). Some of them are awesome people who go beyond what they need to -- but alas that's not an attitude held by enough of them.
I finally got some resolution and an upgrade to the x100d.