TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Yacht floor runners recessed?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by miked112, Feb 24, 2016.

1. miked112

miked112 Member

Odd thing I noticed the other day - it appears that the rubber runners or skids integrated into the yacht floor, which are recessed or almost pushed into the floor for part of it - I would say about 8 inches starting @10 inches back from the front of the console:

2357e261357ab9f2c56c31fcf3188ad6.jpg

6a088255a29eb61b19f8504d2e337ae1.jpg

I guess this could have happened as a result of the runners being pushed down or something heavy being placed on them, though I don't remember anything like that. My main concern about this is, that part of the YF is unprotected there and susceptible to scratches etc as things slide around.

Has anyone seen this, and is there anything I can do about it (short of raising it on a service call) - very reluctant to try to remove and replace the runners myself without a known good technique. Thanks.

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

The runners are part of a one piece rubber underlay over the aluminum shell of the yacht floor - they are part of the same rubber that surrounds the floor. I had installed the yacht floor myself and it just fit right into the floor and held in place by friction. You may be able to pry the floor up and try to reseat the rubber underlay by pressing it against the aluminum shell. It is probably glued to the aluminum shell and the glue has come off. Since it sounds like it came with your car, I’m sure it’s covered under warranty.

3. miked112

miked112 Member

Thanks, that's exactly the feedback I was hoping for. Will take a look but my strong inclination is to let Tesla deal with it.