Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yes!!! The Model 3 mods are on their way!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering when the modification geniuses would start posting their concept pictures.

It appears that TSportline has started posting some possibilities. I would normally be skeptical, however TSportline has produced a few great looking mods for the Model S.

I may purchase my modification before I get the car. LOL.

Here's a couple of them that they have already posted.

upload_2017-8-2_9-22-31.png

TSportline3.jpg

I can just imagine the ad:

Now, you too can make your vehicle perform worse on acceleration, on deceleration, on wet roads, on icy roads, have a noisier ride, more / less comfortable ride, hurt your range, hurt your top speed, and make your vehicle take longer to charge!

Bling: because you want to look baller. And something something something cornering feel in perfect conditions.

Maybe they could just eliminate the sidewall entirely and have you just drive around on tread-covered rims? And put giant drag scoops on the rims to slow you down as much as possible. That would be baller, right?

If I had to make a decision right now I would just stick with the 18" low drag rims and purchase an after market set of wheels, probably a lot cheaper than the $1500 boring type wheels Tesla came up with.
I'm sticking with the drag coefficient of my ICE car for now.....which is garbage.....but I don't care.

In other words....If I don't care about my ICE car drag coefficient....I certainly won't care about my Model 3's drag coefficient.

Last edited:

Maybe they could just eliminate the sidewall entirely and have you just drive around on tread-covered rims? And put giant drag scoops on the rims to slow you down as much as possible. That would be baller, right?
Or maybe the wheels would be lighter, by a significant amount, and theoretically would result decreased power usage, which presumably would result in more range... Lots of presumptions, i'm not sure why the after market wheel makers have not caught on and tested this.

if you're talking about wheels, many companies already make them. you dont have to wait for people to make them.. you just need to spec them properly to the size of the Model 3..

i think i saw they are 19x8 +40 which is the same as the model S 19's

if you're talking about wheels, many companies already make them. you dont have to wait for people to make them.. you just need to spec them properly to the size of the Model 3..

i think i saw they are 19x8 +40 which is the same as the model S 19's

235/40R19
Size: 19X8.0″
Offset: +40
PCD: 5X120
Center Bore: 64.1mm
Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr

Now, you too can make your vehicle perform worse on acceleration, on deceleration, on wet roads, on icy roads, have a noisier ride, more / less comfortable ride, hurt your range, hurt your top speed, and make your vehicle take longer to charge!

Bling: because you want to look baller. And something something something cornering feel in perfect conditions.

Hmm, I don't think they would like your ad. But, given that no-one in that sector has any commercial interest in advertising smaller rims, and a lot of consumers don't realise that smaller rims are more comfortable, make for less tire wear, and are cheaper but just as efficient overall as the things they want to sell us: kudos for doing that counter-advertising!

That being said: why can't Tesla simply offer their "sports" rims (which imho are quite a lot nicer to look at than the aero version) in 18 inch...

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't think they would like your ad. But, given that no-one in that sector has any commercial interest in advertising smaller rims, and a lot of consumers don't realise that smaller rims are more comfortable, make for less tire wear, and are just as efficient overall as the things they want to sell us: kudos for doing that counter-advertising!

That being said: why can't Tesla simply offer their "sports" rims (which imho are quite a lot nicer to look at than the aero version) in 18 inch...

Tesla seems to be pretty short on options in general, on everything. I think it's because A) they got burned with trying to do too much at once with the X, and B) they'd rather focus their efforts on scaleup rather than testing new configurations.

I do expect that to change in the future. Competition will eventually force their hand. I think it'd be wonderful to have a whole catalog of items with specs on how they affect your range, performance in various aspects, etc - and then everyone could pick the balance of style and stats that suits them best. But unfortunately, that's not the way Tesla is now.

Last edited:
Going to be hard to beat the stock 19" rims. IMO, the Model 3 19" rims are some of the best looking wheels ever. Luckily for the aftermarket, that's subjective so others may still prefer alternative aftermarket options. Still, was much easier for them back when car companies put horribly ugly wheels on their cars (80's, early 90's). Aftermarket didn't have to try so hard to make something better back then.

Going to be hard to beat the stock 19" rims. IMO, the Model 3 19" rims are some of the best looking wheels ever. Luckily for the aftermarket, that's subjective so others may still prefer alternative aftermarket options. Still, was much easier for them back when car companies put horribly ugly wheels on their cars (80's, early 90's). Aftermarket didn't have to try so hard to make something better back then.

I love the Turbine wheels stock look more on the Model S and X. So I'm hoping Tsportline makes the Turbine Wheels for the Model 3... I know they have a 19-20" options for Model S... And 20" option for Model X's...