TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Yes!!! The Model 3 mods are on their way!!!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Garlan Garner, Aug 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

I was wondering when the modification geniuses would start posting their concept pictures.

It appears that TSportline has started posting some possibilities. I would normally be skeptical, however TSportline has produced a few great looking mods for the Model S.

I may purchase my modification before I get the car. LOL.

Here's a couple of them that they have already posted.

upload_2017-8-2_9-22-31.png

TSportline3.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. derekmw

derekmw Member

I can't wait to see one with all the chrome blacked out. I blacked out all the chrome on my MS and it made such a difference (to be fair, I just hate chrome so not everyone would like the look...)

• Like x 1
  3. MrRandyB

MrRandyB Member

model-3-tsporline.jpeg

• Like x 3
  4. derekmw

derekmw Member

Nice find! I love it. We will definitely be covering up all the chrome on our M3 too.

I'm sure the same problem will exist on the M3, but the MS handles scratch so easily so it's a plus to cover them anyway

5. Jeff4155

Jeff4155 Member

If I had to make a decision right now I would just stick with the 18" low drag rims and purchase an after market set of wheels, probably a lot cheaper than the $1500 boring type wheels Tesla came up with.

• Like x 2
  6. Boourns

Boourns Member

Seems like a great option for northern owners. Stock aero wheels for winter tires, and these for summer.

• Like x 1
  7. KarenRei

KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei

I can just imagine the ad:

Maybe they could just eliminate the sidewall entirely and have you just drive around on tread-covered rims? And put giant drag scoops on the rims to slow you down as much as possible. That would be baller, right?

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  8. Garlan Garner

WOW... that would be a horrible add.

• Funny x 1
  9. Garlan Garner

#9 Garlan Garner, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    I'm sticking with the drag coefficient of my ICE car for now.....which is garbage.....but I don't care.

In other words....If I don't care about my ICE car drag coefficient....I certainly won't care about my Model 3's drag coefficient.

10. larmor

larmor Active Member

Or maybe the wheels would be lighter, by a significant amount, and theoretically would result decreased power usage, which presumably would result in more range... Lots of presumptions, i'm not sure why the after market wheel makers have not caught on and tested this.

11. TrickyDimitri

TrickyDimitri Soon...very soon.

This is a real hot button for you, huh? :p

• Funny x 1
  12. kev1n

kev1n Member

if you're talking about wheels, many companies already make them. you dont have to wait for people to make them.. you just need to spec them properly to the size of the Model 3..

i think i saw they are 19x8 +40 which is the same as the model S 19's

13. Garlan Garner

235/40R19
    Size: 19X8.0″
    Offset: +40
    PCD: 5X120
    Center Bore: 64.1mm
    Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
    Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.

• Informative x 1
  14. Carl

Carl Supporting Member

#14 Carl, Aug 2, 2017
    Hmm, I don't think they would like your ad. But, given that no-one in that sector has any commercial interest in advertising smaller rims, and a lot of consumers don't realise that smaller rims are more comfortable, make for less tire wear, and are cheaper but just as efficient overall as the things they want to sell us: kudos for doing that counter-advertising!

That being said: why can't Tesla simply offer their "sports" rims (which imho are quite a lot nicer to look at than the aero version) in 18 inch...

• Like x 3
  15. KarenRei

KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei

#15 KarenRei, Aug 2, 2017
    Tesla seems to be pretty short on options in general, on everything. I think it's because A) they got burned with trying to do too much at once with the X, and B) they'd rather focus their efforts on scaleup rather than testing new configurations.

I do expect that to change in the future. Competition will eventually force their hand. I think it'd be wonderful to have a whole catalog of items with specs on how they affect your range, performance in various aspects, etc - and then everyone could pick the balance of style and stats that suits them best. But unfortunately, that's not the way Tesla is now.

16. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Going to be hard to beat the stock 19" rims. IMO, the Model 3 19" rims are some of the best looking wheels ever. Luckily for the aftermarket, that's subjective so others may still prefer alternative aftermarket options. Still, was much easier for them back when car companies put horribly ugly wheels on their cars (80's, early 90's). Aftermarket didn't have to try so hard to make something better back then.

17. Stolz25

Stolz25 Member

Maybe you could get some 28" rims and just not have any tires!

Sure the ride would be hurt a little, but think how awesome that would look!

• Funny x 2
  18. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

#18 Tsportline, Aug 2, 2017
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  19. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

That looks like it was taken from the opening scene of TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY... all that's missing are a bunch of bones under the tires and some SKYNET autonomous hunter-killer ships in the sky

• Funny x 1
  20. miggz410

miggz410 Member

I love the Turbine wheels stock look more on the Model S and X. So I'm hoping Tsportline makes the Turbine Wheels for the Model 3... I know they have a 19-20" options for Model S... And 20" option for Model X's...