Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet another bug fix update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got it, too. 2021.4.18.11.

The most advanced outdated software I've ever had.

I think they're simply not working on any regular releases after 2021.4; the next release is the FSD beta, but they won't push that until they're ready. So, instead, all the bug fixes that would have made their way into releases from various weeks are all going into the release from the 4th week of the year.

I just got it, too. 2021.4.18.11.

The most advanced outdated software I've ever had.

I think they're simply not working on any regular releases after 2021.4; the next release is the FSD beta, but they won't push that until they're ready. So, instead, all the bug fixes that would have made their way into releases from various weeks are all going into the release from the 4th week of the year.
There’s also the 2021.12.4.x branch for the refreshed S cars that have been delivered and the 2021.20.x used on the refreshed X at the plaid delivery event. They’re probably hammering out issues with the Tesla vision stuff while avoiding making big changes with the rest of the firmware and the branches will converge soon 🧐 the FSD beta 9 will definitely be an indicator

I’d just like waypoints already, something promised years ago, and some sort of cross traffic detection, albeit whatever limited ability the car even has. This is something that I see always posing a huge problem for autonomy. There’s no way existing Tesla’s will be able to see what’s coming perpendicularly when there’s cars on either side as well as a car that has radar cross traffic detection. A huge missing feature that frequently annoys me when reversing out of my driveway (limited visibility both ways).

I’d also really appreciate an update that rolled out CarPlay & Android Auto, or at least the ability to use Waze in the car instead of the watered down Google Maps version we have. Opposed to what some have suggested, there’s no fee automakers pay for equipping CarPlay and android auto to a vehicle. There’s literally $19.99 aftermarket head units with CarPlay, it’s super annoying when your $65K car doesn’t have it but a $15K Mitsubishi Mirage does.

I’d just like waypoints already, something promised years ago, and some sort of cross traffic detection, albeit whatever limited ability the car even has. This is something that I see always posing a huge problem for autonomy. There’s no way existing Tesla’s will be able to see what’s coming perpendicularly when there’s cars on either side as well as a car that has radar cross traffic detection. A huge missing feature that frequently annoys me when reversing out of my driveway (limited visibility both ways).

I’d also really appreciate an update that rolled out CarPlay & Android Auto, or at least the ability to use Waze in the car instead of the watered down Google Maps version we have. Opposed to what some have suggested, there’s no fee automakers pay for equipping CarPlay and android auto to a vehicle. There’s literally $19.99 aftermarket head units with CarPlay, it’s super annoying when your $65K car doesn’t have it but a $15K Mitsubishi Mirage does.
If you don’t like it sell it and find a better system good luck with that 👍

If you don’t like it sell it and find a better system good luck with that 👍
Just as soon as the Caddy is sold, I'll be gone.
Phantom braking is my biggest complaint.
No cross traffic is a close second.
Side pillar cameras that are blinded by sun the third.
I understand people don't want their investment in any purchase to be denigrated.
To keep making excuses for something that just isn't going to work is silly.
I'll tune in in a few years to hear from the faithful.

Phantom braking happens extremely infrequently, can't say I've seen it once with 4.18.2, not worth selling a car for.
Cross traffic, like blind spot detection - never needed it because I can drive and don't need the nanny, wouldn't even return it if I was renting it.
Side pillar cameras being blinded impact what particular feature exactly? It doesn't do anything, so not sure why this is a big enough deal to sell a car for.
Hey - if those are enough to make you sell a car, go for it. I'm sure there's a car just right for you out there.

I understand people don't want their investment in any purchase to be denigrated.
My Wife Hyundai Palisade do better than my Tesla in features , and if she plug open pilot will be same as normal AP.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yuri_G
I guess you'll be happy with the v11 (FSD v9) because it will help with most of those.
Phantom braking will go away completely as this was due to radar.
No cross traffic - you won't have to worry because the car will do it for you
Side pillar cameras - I think the sun blinds you too right or are you special? This will get fixed also with 360 video with FSD v9

So what in this list isn't going to work? What about any of this is silly because my 3yr old car has only gotten better with time. People want the latest and greatest and then bitch when it doesn't work like they hoped. Change takes time, it takes tears and sweat and time. Yeah, did you know it takes TIME. People want everything now but have no clue what it takes to do it. Even your fast food you get right away wasn't made immediately, its been made and it also takes time.

Instead of seeing all bugs that need to be fixed think of all the features that have been added. If you don't want bugs for your transportation then walk, or go get a bicycle.