Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet another totaled Model Y. What will be the appraisal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model y was an unfortunate victim of a hydroplane incident on US101 in California. We skidded off the southbound and hit a truck in the northbound lane. Thankfully nobody was hurt. Now obviously this is totaled, but just checking with you folks as to how the appraisal process is. I have insurance from Tesla. Will they be reasonable about what they give? Should I be negotiating? Mine is LR AWD with Gemini and no FSD. Will we have enough to offset the cost of a new MY?

IMG_20211222_162602.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Terminator857
I’m interested in whether regen braking or traction control made my hydroplane accident worse. Heavy rain but slowed down to slower than surrounding traffic. Severe and sudden counter clockwise rotation crashed the car into median at around 65mph. 38k on tires at 45psi. Over a million miles all weather experience but this was unprecedented.
Worse was probably going 65 mph on tires with 40k miles on them In the rain. These heavy cars eat tires.

Reactions: Pianewman
Upvote 0
so question what ended up happening? mind giving us a update?
Got a good payout from insurance.. About 3-4k more than a new MY.. Placed an order for MY and waiting to receive my VIN. Since this is my first major accident, I didn't know what all I could salvage from the car, and possibly could have taken out a few things like the charging adapter, wheel covers etc if I had known at that time...

Upvote 0