Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke peeling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can add my latest details now. I scheduled a warranty replacement with Tesla scheduled for Monday 8-28-2023, on Thursday 8-24, they messaged me and said that only one time warranty replacement would be granted by Tesla. They said that a new, and better quality version is coming out soon. So I cancelled the warranty replacement service call, and I am waiting for the better unit to come out and then have Tesla change it under warranty.
Good info. This is reminiscent of people waiting for new headlights, swivel screen .... golden hinges. I shall wait too.

Mine just started peeling, 27k miles. Top right corner. Opened a service call and will see what they say. Hopefully there is a waiting list or something instead of just waiting until October and opening a new ticket.

I had the pealing yoke. Tesla replaced it with the round wheel for free. I didn’t like the yoke, so this was a good solution for me. I’ll miss the unobstructed visibility the yoke offered, but that’s about it.
My service center in Memphis, TN scheduled me in to do this but then when I got there they said it was a "mistake" and that no one got a round wheel replacement for free, contrary to so many other accounts on this website. Tesla treats us plebeian owners with such contempt.

they tried to cancel my request saying there will be a redesign "soon".
I messaged back and requested to swap now.
they came out and swapped it with version "H". my 8/2022 build had version "G"
1693565058918.png

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Tesla has recently released the Highland Model 3 with its updated steering wheel. The release closely aligns with their announcement of a new yoke design addressing previous peeling issues. I'm curious if the refreshed Model 3's steering wheel will also be the same one available for the Model S and X to fix the peeling issues.

Reactions: Blue Stuff
Tesla has recently released the Highland Model 3 with its updated steering wheel. The release closely aligns with their announcement of a new yoke design addressing previous peeling issues. I'm curious if the refreshed Model 3's steering wheel will also be the same one available for the Model S and X to fix the peeling issues.
The 3 looks like a different shape and apparently has a working horn button as well as a camera button.