Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke peeling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I submitted my initial request in Nov, and they offered me a 1-time replacement then, but with the same yoke, and no ability to replace again in the future. Or, I could wait for the upgraded replacement. I chose the latter. Submitting a new request now.
That’s ridiculous. They told me if I got it replaced they would replace it again for free under warranty if it peeled again. So I got it replaced in the fall and it’s been great. No issues. No horn though.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Message I just received from Tesla:

Tesla service request.jpeg

Message I just received from Tesla:
Hmm - hope they are wrong at your service center. Mine is still scheduled for March 13th and this time they even sent me an estimate of 0. I know means something, but holding out hope based on this.

Hmm - hope they are wrong at your service center. Mine is still scheduled for March 13th and this time they even sent me an estimate of 0. I know means something, but holding out hope based on this.

Can you ask them in the app what the part number of the replacement is?

This is absolutely ridiculous if it’s end of year. That means all new and existing model S X and maybe refresh 3 will all need to be replaced??
No. I interpret it as they don't have the supply to make waranty replacements while also putting them in new cars. Pure speculation of course. Also, many times the SA also doesn't really know time lines.

Reactions: Cosmacelf