Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Cars Name?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Telstar

Telstar is very meaningful for me as a symbol of the future. I am just old enough to remember the first live transatlantic TV broadcasts. As a young boy I sat staring at some blurry black and white images from America and hearing that this was possible because this amazing sci-fi device had been sent into space on a rocket and was now orbiting the earth bouncing TV signals! After that I had to believe anything was possible. Some adults told us that these foolish Americans were now wasting their time and money trying to send men to the moon ... some hope, they said. The Tesla represents that technical optimism, a readiness to make the future happen!

Inspired by the satellite a sci-fi instrumental music track by The Tornados called Telstar got to the top of the charts. I can now drive along in my Tesla Telstar listening to the Tornados!

.... And the other thing is, when I try to type quickly I often mess up the letters in Tesla so I'm halfway to Telstar already!

I used to work in a building called Telstar House, opposite Paddington Station in London. Guess when it was built?

Laser Teeth (ie 'Tesla Three')

...a bit of fun, few more anagrams. For some reason old fashioned American names appear a lot...

Tesla Three: Ethel Aster, Hester Teal
Model Three: Dermot Heel, Ethelred M (...Ohm Deleter)
My Tesla: Elma Sty (...Sly Mate)
Tesla Model Three: Adelle Thermoset, Ethelred Maltose (...& Molested Leather !)
My Model Three: Delmore Thyme, Meredeth Mylo, Emmery Tholed
My Tesla M Three: Elmer Amethyst (...& Mayhem Settler.....Sham Telemetry !!)

Model Three SR Plus: Roshelle Dumpster
Model Three LR: Dermot Heller, Meredeth Roll (...TESLA Model Three LR: Stealth Remodeller)
Model Three P: Ethelred Mop, Homer Pelted, Pedro Helmet

(TESLA Model Three P: Estell Trophedema, Helmeted Polestar !!, Lethal Pedometers & for those interested in leasing...Leasehold Tempter !)

Last edited:
Reactions: Beady3647
Our blue model Y will be known as Rigel.

"Rigel is the brightest and most massive component... of a star system of at least four stars that appear as a single blue-white point of light to the naked eye." :)

Although Stitch was a close second!
liloopenarms.gif

Reactions: MichaelP90DL