Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model S Sequence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Timing is everything!

What's the best number? The answer is a blend of hard data and dumb luck.

Car industry experts say that 300 cars is the amount it takes to get the bugs out of a new line.

The bodywork fit on the first 50 Roadsters (including the 27 founders cars) was horrible.

Even with a deposit, the Roadster increased in price 7K (ok, accessories became chargeable) at car 214 or so.

Roadsters after about 350 missed the window to get a 5K rebate from CA.

The initial first year's production was originally estimated to be 1000 cars, Later they said 600 would be end of model year 2008. It ended up being 500.

Roadsters at about 800 will probably get a new 5K CA rebate.

Mine is SIG 126 so I'm really happy with that. Would have been cool to be in the top 100 but still excited. Hopefully most of the bugs are worked out by the time they get to me (hopefully there aren't any major bugs for anyone). This will be a hard 2 year wait.

So far of those reported we know the following.

The highest Signature Edition reported is 126.
The highest R number reported is 77.
The lowest P number reported is 83.
The highest P number reported is 897.

So that would still fit the model of R leading into P. If we ever get a report of a P number lower than the highest R number, then that will tell us how they did the system.

I just registered on 6/22 - My sequence number is P 897. I'm interested in finding out what the Signature Model will include. I would prefer the faster Sport model and would be willing to wait.

You just put your deposit down yesterday? If so, and the calculations of how the numbers are assigned is correct, that would mean they have less than 1,000 reservations after all...

Yeah I'm late to the party, but I would rather wait for the bugs to be worked out.

don't blame ya.

Maybe the Signature series goes 1 to one-hundred and something then the R and P start back at 1 to 800 something?

The 897 number, under the current assumptions, is only for R and P, and does not include S. When you add the S's in, we're a good chunk over 1k.

Makes sense, but if true, that puts us at 997 as of yesterday if we add in the 100 sigs no? Plus the sig spots aren't likely all filled

*edit* is it 1,000 sigs? In that case with 126 it puts us at about 1023 which is still kinda "meh" since I thought it was announced 1k mark was hit a while ago.

In any case, I'm sure with the DOE announcement and the flurry of people with reservations discussing their slots with friends online and in person, they will begin to pour in.

I'm sure by my production number things will be smoothed out, but I sure hope there's a Sport S by then (Model S S?)

Last edited:
My deposit for the Signature 126 was over 3 weeks ago so there are likely more after that. With the 900 R+P and the at least 126 Signature series they are likely over 1000.

There are 1000 Signature Series reservations? I thought this was the total (Sig plus R and P)

My deposit for the Signature 126 was over 3 weeks ago so there are likely more after that. With the 900 R+P and the at least 126 Signature series they are likely over 1000.

There are 1000 Signature Series reservations? I thought this was the total (Sig plus R and P)

My understanding is that there are 1000 spots for the Signature Series, not that all of them have been filled.

In fact, I thought I read somewhere that there were actually 2000 spots - 1k for US and 1k for the European market. I could be way off on that, though.

My understanding is that there are 1000 spots for the Signature Series, not that all of them have been filled.

In fact, I thought I read somewhere that there were actually 2000 spots - 1k for US and 1k for the European market. I could be way off on that, though.

That is correct. 1,000 USA Sig Editions and 1,000 European Sig Editions.

There have been a few guys from Europe on the TM owners forum posting in the past few weeks. A guy from Portugal has been actively posting.

So clearly some Model S owners (non-Roadster) were given access early.

That is correct. 1,000 USA Sig Editions and 1,000 European Sig Editions.

There have been a few guys from Europe on the TM owners forum posting in the past few weeks. A guy from Portugal has been actively posting.

So clearly some Model S owners (non-Roadster) were given access early.

So potentially, if both Sig Edition rosters fill over the next 2-3 years, my 375th spot could be the 2375th(ish) car made.