Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model S Sequence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a Roadster depositor who was quite TMC active here way back when (30k? 50K?). He pulled out before they started delivering. (all chronicled in these pages).

Did you ever read this?:
Interview: Tony Belding and the Future Direction of Automobiles

Last edited:
If your reservation number is greater than the reservation number listed below, please post the 1) reservation number 2) region and 3) type: Signature or General Production.

Here is an updated collection of the numbers posted by members on various threads (i.e., these numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt):

US
S 282 (April 29, 2011)
P 3,871 (May 12, 2011)
R 260 (May 6, 2011)

Canada
S 73 (April 15, 2011)
P 104 (April 26, 2011)

Europe/Asia
S 52 (April 25, 2011)
P 346 (May 12, 2011)

Hong Kong
S 2 (April 27, 2011)
P 1 (March 23, 2011)

Australia
S 9 (April 10, 2011)
P 17 (January 21, 2011)

S = Signature Series (Model S)
P = General Production (Model S)
R = Roadster Owner/Friends and Family

I don't believe that they are differentiating signature series reservations from Roadster owners and the general plebians ... what they are keeping separate is the list of general production reservations made by roadster owners and friends&family which is denoted by the R numbers.

I don't believe that they are differentiating signature series reservations from Roadster owners and the general plebians ... what they are keeping separate is the list of general production reservations made by roadster owners and friends&family which is denoted by the R numbers.

Yes, they indicated that Roadster owners reserving a Signature series do come before non-owner Signature Series. I was issued US # 147 rather recently. It would seem that these would be in addition to the non-owner numbers or those would move up on a regular basis.

I believe that's correct. If you're a Roadster owner and upgrade to a Signature reservation on the Model S, you don't jump ahead of any other Signature owners. If you place a regular Model S reservation, you will jump ahead of regular (Production or 'P') models and into the 'R' list.

Yes, they indicated that Roadster owners reserving a Signature series do come before non-owner Signature Series. I was issued US # 147 rather recently. It would seem that these would be in addition to the non-owner numbers or those would move up on a regular basis.

If that is true they might have padded the numbers (based on the number of roadster owners out there) to take that into account but i am pretty sure it is just one series.

I believe that's correct. If you're a Roadster owner and upgrade to a Signature reservation on the Model S, you don't jump ahead of any other Signature owners. If you place a regular Model S reservation, you will jump ahead of regular (Production or 'P') models and into the 'R' list.

To verify this we could always poll for current S holders (roadster and lower number plebians signature holders) to see if there are any overlaps. Also we should watch if Bonnie switches to S and see what number they give her ...

Bonnie, you up for an experiment ;~?

To verify this we could always poll for current S holders (roadster and lower number plebians signature holders) to see if there are any overlaps. Also we should watch if Bonnie switches to S and see what number they give her ...

Bonnie, you up for an experiment ;~?

I'm considering it :). I want to know a little more about the Signature series first.

If that is true they might have padded the numbers (based on the number of roadster owners out there) to take that into account but i am pretty sure it is just one series.

Well you may be right but that would certainly be contrary to what customer service told me.

I am a non-Roadster owner. I reserved a Signature Series (Signature S#249) around March 19, 2011.

@donauker - when did you reserve your Signature Series?

I received Signature Special series reservation # 147 on April 13, 2011.

They may be doing it differently in Canada - here I have Sig #1 and was a "P" before upgrading. There were "R" holders that upgraded, but since my original deposit was in sooner (we couldn't order Sig right away) they are further down the list.

They may be doing it differently in Canada - here I have Sig #1 and was a "P" before upgrading. There were "R" holders that upgraded, but since my original deposit was in sooner (we couldn't order Sig right away) they are further down the list.

I remember when that happened but do you also remember that you moved up about 3 spots to #1 in the reshuffle and Doug only moved up 1 spot? At the time it didn't make sense but it does if you think that maybe Doug moved up 1 spot in the Signature Special series and you moved up 3 in the Signature "regular" series.

I remember when that happened but do you also remember that you moved up about 3 spots to #1 in the reshuffle and Doug only moved up 1 spot? At the time it didn't make sense but it does if you think that maybe Doug moved up 1 spot in the Signature Special series and you moved up 3 in the Signature "regular" series.

It is possible, but AFAIK on the "My Tesla" page of the official website everyone has "Signature Model S #x" written on top - although it wouldn't be hard for the former "R's" to check and confirm exactly what is written there. Or someone could contact a Tesla Rep to clarify. I'm too lazy right now. :)

If your reservation number is greater than the reservation number listed below, please post the 1) reservation number 2) region and 3) type: Signature or General Production.

Here is an updated collection of the numbers posted by members on various threads (i.e., these numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt):

US
S 296 (May 14, 2011)
P 3,883 (May 13, 2011)
R 260 (May 6, 2011)

Canada
S 77 (May 14, 2011)
P 104 (April 26, 2011)

Europe/Asia
S 52 (April 25, 2011)
P 346 (May 12, 2011)

Hong Kong
S 2 (April 27, 2011)
P 1 (March 23, 2011)

Australia
S 9 (April 10, 2011)
P 17 (January 21, 2011)

S = Signature Series (Model S)
P = General Production (Model S)
R = Roadster Owner/Friends and Family

That sums up to over 5000: 5047 !!!

Although the sum of these numbers is usually higher than what Tesla reports (probably due to cancellations not yet adjusted for), this is the, I think, the planned production for 2012 (which is scheduled to start mid-2012).