Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Upcoming Model Y Order Cancelation Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once again, you struck the iron when it was hot! I remember when the LR was 49,990 and the SRMY was 39,990. The SR+ base now starts at 45.

I don’t think I’ll get rid of the Model SR+, maybe for a M3P down the road. But I’m definitely keeping the SRMY, it is everything and more than I need.
The SR MY is perfect for my wife (and she paid for it so no way I can get rid of it, even for LR) so only option is to upgrade to LR and a Y makes more sense than a 3 at this point. I missed the 49,990 but did order at 50,990 When they started talking about reintroducing tax rebate. As predicted, Tesla has raised prices $8k in the last year to effectively make the vehicles cost the same to the consumer and net Tesla $8k more per vehicle along the way.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Why even support hold in the first place? It’s one thing to accommodate the customer if Tesla has a car ready for customer to pick up and customer is not available due to other commitments and it is mutually beneficial to let the customer pick up the next available vehicle. But probably time has come for Tesla to do away with order and hold and keep the price process.
“Hold” works great when 1% of people want to delay delivery for a week or two when they are out of country.

It probably doesn’t scale super-well when tens of thousands of people realize delaying their order by 2 months will save them $8,000.

Already got a reply from orderstatus. Guess you have to reply to get a response. Good turn around time that way.
How long did it take for them to respond?

I put a hold last week and I received the email yesterday , I emailed back immediately but no email from them yet...

My acct shows the Hold until Jan 2nd

Screenshot_20211122-124523_Email.jpg

I put a hold last week and I received the email yesterday , I emailed back immediately but no email from them yet...

View attachment 736407
When ordering mine several months ago team members in local area contacted me next day giving contact information. When receiving VIN days ago they contacted asking if wanting to accept or delay. They told me new VIN re assigned in January if wanting to delay.

I don’t care much either way. If it works out, good for them, if it doesn’t, then I don’t have a ton of sympathy either, they are getting what they ordered at the price they ordered it.

Aside from some inventory control issues, it’s not affecting Tesla much here.
Which is outside the terms of the original agreement.

It also affects other customers who have intent of taking delivery in a reasonable time frame back further while everyone tries to hold out. Just take delivery of your car, enjoy the lesser cost you're paying and get driving.

Reactions: Big Earl
Which is outside the terms of the original agreement.

It also affects other customers who have intent of taking delivery in a reasonable time frame back further while everyone tries to hold out. Just take delivery of your car, enjoy the lesser cost you're paying and get driving.
Like most things which involve corporate communications, Tesla should have been ahead of this. These emails should have gone out weeks ago and there would have been a lot less frustration.

Like most things which involve corporate communications, Tesla should have been ahead of this. These emails should have gone out weeks ago and there would have been a lot less frustration.
Why should anyone be frustrated? They’ve held off for 6-18 months. If you read the fine print technically you have 30-90 days and one push out. If anything Tesla has been overly gracious.

Fine print covers this. It’s not Tesla’s responsibility to read for a bunch of indecisive adults that don’t read the fine print.

View attachment 736407
They responded back to me two days later. Although too late now for you since you responded, for the rest of you who have not, DON’T respond to them because they will, without discussion, remove your hold and open your order for fulfillment. Best to wait until the day before the drop dead date they give you and then go into your account and click on the button that says “I’m ready” that way you retain as much control possible over your order.

Reactions: orion2001
The length matters. I am about 7 months out from my original order and I was just told I needed to confirm that I am still interested by a certain date. They did not give me a drop dead date for taking delivery like the order floating around from 18 months ago. I said I would be ready in January 2022 as I have said since day 1 when I placed the hold. I think the hold policy is up to 12 months or so. The fine print says you have to take delivery once your car is ready. If you don't have a VIN assigned, your car isn't ready for delivery. Fine print goes both ways, it helps if you actually read it and understand what it means. As long as you use the hold option (this is Tesla authorized, not some under the table thing) before you have a VIN assigned, you are following the rules. If Tesla wants to change that then they need to make it public.