Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube tv broken: “Sorry there was an error licensing this video.”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Working for me now with the holiday update.

5354CB6F-B334-4FB4-B488-E6F6B1340AB7.jpeg

Since the last update (2022.36.20) I'm getting the “Sorry there was an error licensing this video" on YouTube TV again. Wondering if others are seeing this too or if it's just me. Tried the usual rebooting, logging out and in, etc.

It worked for me about a week ago. I am not reading the thread but I access it through the youtube app on the screen, then selecting youtube tv on the left hand side under more apps (something like that). I dont do it through the browser.

Having this issue on my 2022 Model S. Error licensing video for YouTube TV. Anyone resolve this?
I just walked out to my garage and tried this right now (with "right now" being 13DEC2022 @12:11pm PST as I type this). Still worked for me following the following workflow:.

1. Launch Youtube app from Tesla Theater. Sign in
2. Click Hamburger menu (3 lines) in upper left of screen after sign in
3. Scroll down until you see more from youtube. Tap Youtube TV.

like I said, I didnt read the rest of this thread so I dont know what other (if any) methods people are using to access this, but I just loaded up Argentina vs Croatia on youtube TV in my 2018 model 3 with intel atom processor.

Couple notes.....

1. Even though I had logged in a week ago, I had to log in again, it had logged me out
2. My car is in my garage, and was likely on my wifi connection not the cellular one

It worked for me about a week ago. I am not reading the thread but I access it through the youtube app on the screen, then selecting youtube tv on the left hand side under more apps (something like that). I dont do it through the browser.
I just walked out to my garage and tried this right now (with "right now" being 13DEC2022 @12:11pm PST as I type this). Still worked for me following the following workflow:.

1. Launch Youtube app from Tesla Theater. Sign in
2. Click Hamburger menu (3 lines) in upper left of screen after sign in
3. Scroll down until you see more from youtube. Tap Youtube TV.

like I said, I didnt read the rest of this thread so I dont know what other (if any) methods people are using to access this, but I just loaded up Argentina vs Croatia on youtube TV in my 2018 model 3 with intel atom processor.

Couple notes.....

1. Even though I had logged in a week ago, I had to log in again, it had logged me out
2. My car is in my garage, and was likely on my wifi connection not the cellular one
Thanks. I've tried using the Browser as well as the You Tube app in Theater. Same result. Oddly, some stuff that was in the YouTube TV library played fine - but none of the Live channels (including the Argentina/Croatia game) played. I worked fine a few weeks ago but I think that was before my latest update to 2022.32.20. Which version are you running?

Thanks. I've tried using the Browser as well as the You Tube app in Theater. Same result. Oddly, some stuff that was in the YouTube TV library played fine - but none of the Live channels (including the Argentina/Croatia game) played. I worked fine a few weeks ago but I think that was before my latest update to 2022.32.20. Which version are you running?
Sorry - that should read 2022.36.20

I’m seeing this again which started around 12/9/2022. Guess this revolves around the annual Holiday update as looks like first week of December in 2021 had this error appear as well.

Any update on this being fixed? The error displays “licensing error” and not displaying the stream just an all black screen with spinning color wheel reappeared starting last week December 9th.

YouTube tv in Tesla loads fine, guide loads fine, local is correct in my local area, however when clicking on any stream it goes to all black screen with spinning wheel. Then licensing error displays after 60 seconds on screen in Tesla Vehicle.

Any behind the scenes changes for the upcoming most recent Holiday Tesla update 2022.44.25.1 that is causing YouTube tv to no longer work??? Regular YouTube works fine and YouTube tv loads with guide as well just not streams. Even the preview thumbnail of each channels works so it’s something YouTube Engineers or Tesla engineers need to address as it came back around 12/9/2022

If it matters, I’ve also noticed that items in my Library (YouTube TV’s pseudo DVR) that were recorded several weeks ago (back when all was working fine) play fine.

So it’s almost as if YTTV is suddenly using a new format which - while it works on every other platform (computer, phone, tablet, Fire, Apple TV, etc) will not play on Tesla’s version of Chrome.

Any one notice YouTube TV is missing from the Theater YouTube app recently? Used to tap on hamburger button top left now YouTube TV is no where to be found within the regular YouTube app. This is on Model S with new 2023.12.1 just installed this week