Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youtubers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to replace my Mazda 6

I had a 2016 Mazda 6 for 3 years and then I got a 2016 Model S.

In all honesty, that initial excitement of finally having a Tesla after years of watching Bjorn's videos, went away pretty quickly. I actually find myself missing the Mazda, for the well built interior, nice materials, quiet and smooth ride (if you're looking at a 3 or Y, ride quality and road noise will be even worse).

I won't say I regret getting a Tesla because I wanted one for such a long time but I do regret not going for drive tests in other new cars. I'm almost sure things would've turned out differently and I'd be way more excited about my new car.

I have watched a few different ones, but the content always dwindles away.
Richrebuilds sounds interesting, but I started watching whole videos with little content.

Jmw has some short videos, but mostly daft stuff, which he kind of aims at.

Matt Watson for carwow, and Rory Reid for autotrader have done some good reviews on the model 3.

Another in the Jack Massey Welsh camp. Its a funny and almost different view of the car. Probably cos he's of the younger generation. Mind you I'm the one person in the world who also likes his geoguessr vids.

Out of spec motoring is an odd one. I can't stop watching them yet they are sometimes an hour long and essentially just him refuelling his car, with added dogs!
That’s two of us then who likes the geoguesser stuff!

Reactions: Neilio
So one of the channels a few of you have recommended the guy claims 360wh/m is normal 80mph consumption for a Model 3 performance and that narrower tires dropped that to 260wh/m.

That sounds awesome to a newb who doesn't understand normal consumption, 360 is wildly high for a 3 under most conditions my ancient P85 which is a much less efficient car runs under 360wh/m at 75-80mph unless I am all alone on the road.

I don't think he meant to mislead anyone but he should have known his baseline was garbage.

As a slight aside I too watched too many YouTube reviews before going for my "test drive". All cocky that I knew how to use the key card and door handle (with family tagging behind) I actually went to the UK passenger side to get into the car!
As Bjorn would say...Face-slap time.

• Funny
Reactions: Florafauna
Hi during lockdown I spent the evenings (Key worker so couldn't do it in the day lol) looking at more and more Tesla content, my original plan was for me to order a Mazda CX5 to replace my Mazda 6 after catching a few Tesla videos that popped up on my suggested list - think it might have been car wow's report on the M3 which peaked my interest and in due course changed my mind on which car to order, the M3 LR which is under a week to go until my car arrives..
I'm just wondering if anyone has favourite youtubers who do Tesla content, that they'd like to share, i'll include a few here but feel free to add your own.

1. JackMasseyWelsh - Young lad from the north with a fair few youtube channels, this is his Tesla channel they do silly things like will the tesla mistake my girlfriend for a wheely bin and will autopilot still work if all the cameras are covered, good wholesome fun definitely worth a watch

2. Fully Charged - Robert Llewellyn Bowen's (Red Dwarf's Kryten) EV based channel, not pure Tesla related but good for EV perspective

3. Electric Vehicle Man - EVM used to be a leaf driver, now owns a Model 3, good video content, does other EV car reviews

4. Frugal Tesla Guy - US Tesla youtuber, some good videos

Here are a few other good t=Tesla youtubers I watch

5. SpawnPoiint
6. Tesla Driver
7. Auto Trader (Occasionally)
8. Out of spec motoring - Watch the US road trip series, really good for looking at charging times/rates of charge etc and seeing the M3 in beautiful locations
9. . Bjorn Nyland

Jack lives round the corner from me, contrary to saying he waves to other model 3 owners, never waves to me!

I like Jack his channel is pretty fun.
I also watch Andy, Tesla driver, Tesla brothers, Tesla owners online and i1 tesla.

What frustrates me the most is a lot of them, (maybe not so much the US youtubers) don’t do there research or know enough about something before making a video on it. Jack seems to be one of the worst for that. They are trying to provide information to the internet about tesla but they don’t know how some things work themselves, quite often it relies on someone in the comments to tell them how to use a feature properly.

tesla driver and Tesla brothers videos can sometimes drag quite a bit as they are quite long, though I appreciate what tesla brothers are trying to do.

I see jack as an entertainment youtuber not a research and educate type of person, and for that he’s quite good.

interesting my other main yt channels are Disney related and I was happy to see one of those - the Tim Tracker test driving a 3 and a Y, they’ve ordered a Y to replace their jolt, I love it when worlds collide lol

I see jack as an entertainment youtuber not a research and educate type of person, and for that he’s quite good.

interesting my other main yt channels are Disney related and I was happy to see one of those - the Tim Tracker test driving a 3 and a Y, they’ve ordered a Y to replace their jolt, I love it when worlds collide lol
I agree somewhat but some research should be done, his one of using autopark and didn't even know how the autopark was suppose to work or try it out prior to parking, his info video on insurance suggested direct line were the only insurers etc.

I also watch tim tracker to and was excited when they went to look at Teslas :)

I agree somewhat but some research should be done, his one of using autopark and didn't even know how the autopark was suppose to work or try it out prior to parking, his info video on insurance suggested direct line were the only insurers etc.

I also watch tim tracker to and was excited when they went to look at Teslas :)

Generally, he's making his videos for entertainment though which is pretty clear in the videos - their fun to watch, attract the younger non-tesla owning viewers his channel has... Others though (Tesla Driver being one I stopped watching after eventually realising he's probably never read the manual) to give them the benefit of the doubt are at best just clueless about features or their usage but come across as deliberately making false statements or trying and pass stuff off as being designed for something it's not in an attempt to lure in more viewers.