Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zappi & Model 3 now play nice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This posted today...
Capture.JPG

A strange coincidence (?) happened last week....

After 18 months of the Zappi working faultlessly & after charging on Sunday night, Tesla update 2021.36.5.5 was ready to install the following morning.

I did the usual 45 second button-brake car reset & everything was fine but as soon as I plugged in later that day to top up with solar, the Zappi screen displayed a warning triangle & message requiring a 3 second menu press to reboot.

After numerous attempts including plugging/unplugging/checking the car etc I called Myenergi tech and following their instructions to reset the conclusion was that the Zappi had failed.

Two days later a replacement Zappi arrived (under warranty) and on Thursday it was installed...all handled by Myenergi including email updates for each step.

For anyone considering a new charger, I cannot recommend the Zappi and Myenergi highly enough. Products do sometimes fail but it's the way the manufacturer handles instances like this that separates the best from the rest.

(...by the way, the ability to time charge my granny via Tesla app 4.2.3-742 was extremely useful on Wednesday night. I set it for my Go Faster 2.30am start time, adding 20% SOC based on a slower 10A charge. It worked perfectly & finished within the four hours).

Reactions: Cardo
(...by the way, the ability to time charge my granny via Tesla app 4.2.3-742 was extremely useful on Wednesday night. I set it for my Go Faster 2.30am start time, adding 20% SOC based on a slower 10A charge. It worked perfectly & finished within the four hours).

Added 20%? We get 11% on our LR in the 4 hour window, sometimes a little more.

11-12% is around 8kWh, which is about right ballpark for 4 hours at 10A with some losses. The same maths do not stack up for 20%.

As far as I can remember, my Zappi V1 and M3 have always worked ok together.
it may be that the wake up problems came when I was solar charging during the day and the drop outs when solar charging during cloudy times didn’t drop my generation low enough to cut out. I think the Zappi V2 had slightly more problems.

Added 20%? We get 11% on our LR in the 4 hour window, sometimes a little more.

11-12% is around 8kWh, which is about right ballpark for 4 hours at 10A with some losses. The same maths do not stack up for 20%.
Yes you’re correct, I should have put 10% not 20. Old age & early mornings normally work well together but with creeping senility things sometimes go pear shaped.

Reactions: MrBadger