Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60/30-50/50-70 comparative times for 70D/85D/P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just beat my best time in my 85D on the 1/4mi.

[email protected]

I beat the 2 P85 that were there... (a P85 and a P85+)

SOC was 90%, outside temp very hot and sticky 85F with 94% humidity. 101.5kPa (29.97inHg)

Here's the slip, video soon!

2015-08-18 21.49.04.jpg

Hey guys, just beat my best time in my 85D on the 1/4mi.

[email protected]

I beat the 2 P85 that were there... (a P85 and a P85+)

SOC was 90%, outside temp very hot and sticky 85F with 94% humidity. 101.5kPa (29.97inHg)

Here's the slip, video soon!

Nice numbers!!! Congrats on taking out the P85 and P85+.

These numbers being posted for the 85D look really close to the roadster numbers...very impressive! Have you seen a roadster at your 1/4mi track yet?

Nice to know, especially as I will be getting mine in a couple of weeks!

Yep, I was surprised by the Talon as well...bi-turbo I think...

all things considered...all cars with a rolling start...the rated HP didn't matter a fig... the PD still beat most of the other participants! :wink::biggrin:

(it was 16th overall if you take out the motorcycles...)

even beat car #124...707HP Hell Cat that was wearing non-stock, performance tires...:biggrin:

Last edited:
llavalle, your posts re-affirm my "being good" with choosing an 85D instead of a P85 or dropping the extra cash on a P85D/P90D ... that's pretty darn quick for 99% of cars!

My thoughts exactly. In the last month, I had 2 people that were about to buy a Tesla and both times, I made them realize that the PXXD was more of a publicity stunt / novelty than anything else. The non-P version (85D or 90D) goes farther on a charge and is very fast (which wasn't the case when I got mine but since the upgrade, this car is now "with the big guys").

My car configuration is hovering around $127K CAD right now... The same config, with the P is $151K. That's $24 000. Well worth it when the 85D made 376HP but now they are so close... I totally understand the frustrated P85D owners...

I was on the fence between both when I ordered but now I'm convinced the 85D is a better deal. (but since I own one, I'm totally biased :D)