Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yo hank, Conover is next to Hickory. Did I mention that I have been to the 057 shop a couple of times, and they are no longer there?I am not a disgruntled employee of 057, just a retired mechanical engineer who wants to fix two cell taps.

It has become obvious to me that no one in this thread knows anything about my original question. Thanks anyway.

When I was last at the 057 shop, there were wrecked Teslas outside, and in the warehouse.

That's normal. Jason always has dozens of wrecked cars inside and outside.

Yo hank, Conover is next to Hickory.

Yeah, we all know that. I've actually been to Hickory, Conover, and Newton several times.

Did I mention that I have been to the 057 shop a couple of times, and they are no longer there?

Umm. No you did not.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Damn, so all those warranties they sold are useless? I'm shopping 3rd party extended battery and drive unit warranties since my factory warranty expires in 8 months but this is making me wary. What's the lesson...don't sign up for any 3rd party warranties longer than 2 years at a time because they may not be in business?

Damn, so all those warranties they sold are useless? I'm shopping 3rd party extended battery and drive unit warranties since my factory warranty expires in 8 months but this is making me wary. What's the lesson...don't sign up for any 3rd party warranties longer than 2 years at a time because they may not be in business?
I wouldn't jump to conclusions. If 057tech was sold the new owners would have inherited the liabilities for the warranties that had been sold.

Hopefully more information will be made available soon about what is/has happened to 057tech.

XCare is here for the "long range"! We aren't going anywhere. :)
We designed our warranties from the ground up and with the expertise we all took from being former Tesla employees. We launched battery & drive unit earlier this year and it has been a huge success in the EV community.
If you can select your Tesla year/ model on our website we have you covered: XCare EV Protection

Let us know how we can help!

-Team XCare

XCare is here for the "long range"! We aren't going anywhere. :)
We designed our warranties from the ground up and with the expertise we all took from being former Tesla employees. We launched battery & drive unit earlier this year and it has been a huge success in the EV community.
If you can select your Tesla year/ model on our website we have you covered: XCare EV Protection

Let us know how we can help!

-Team XCare
Can you answer @patkeefe , the OP of this thread, to help him get in contact with 057?

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus
Just about all Tesla battery packs failure mechanisms are based on time. This is very different than ICE. Low mileage older MS is a time bomb on when one of these failures mechanisms will trigger. Car goes from perfectly functional to dead the next day with a huge repair bill.

Downstream older premium car buyers and services are gradually learning about this. Many including most 2nd owners and used car dealers have lost $$$ in the last year+ as older out of warranty MS enters this market. Many weren't familiar with the time bomb failure nature of EV battery packs.

Viable business model for extended battery warranty is likely prohibitively expensive. 057 took a bit of a risk offering this at $1k/year while peeking into the crystal ball. Not suggesting the extended battery warranty buyers shouldn't be re-compensated. Just noting everyone is between a rock and a hard place. Those offering deals are likely to lose $$$ given the fundamental failure mechanisms and replacement/repair cost involved. Its the wild wild west...

Last edited:
Not sure what this Status means but at least it seems company failed to file annual report...

1697577214460.png

Regarding actual place being empty, he mentioned in Extended warranty thread that he was moving server to different location...
That could be due to sale of company or just getting new location. Time will tell...

Yea. I'm really hoping that's not the case. Xcare and 057 were at the top of my list.

057 won't even let you sign up for the extended warranty. At least it doesn't for me. When I click on generate an invoice it gives me an error screen. I mentioned this and Jason said he had a server crash and it would be back up in a week. That was I think 3 months ago. I checked again just now, still errors out.

At one point he said he was getting so much trouble with the warranty program that he was discontinuing sign up for it. So it's really weird that it's still available on their website yet it's still broken.

I would sign up with Xcare but my car is a 2015.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
Not sure what this Status means but at least it seems company failed to file annual report...

View attachment 982995

Regarding actual place being empty, he mentioned in Extended warranty thread that he was moving server to different location...
That could be due to sale of company or just getting new location. Time will tell...

Administrative dissolution.

I'll leave it to the business types to assess how bad this is but it doesn't sound like a good thing.

They have nothing at all to do with each other. They are different, separate, and arguably competing businesses.

Or... they were?
So you say @XCare EV insurance would not want to cover costs incurred by repair at @wk057 ? They exclude coverage for some repair shops? Does (did) @wk057 offer insurance, that would be competing. But @XCare EV does not do repair, they only are insurance coverage.

Last edited:
So you say @XCare EV insurance would not want to cover costs incurred by repair at @wk057 ? They exclude coverage for some repair shops?
To my knowledge X-care repairs are all done at Tesla service centers. But I'm sure they're happy to elaborate on that.

057 also sold a warranty product, making them direct competitors.

In any case, helping OP get in touch with a random third party business they have no relationship is surely not what they meant when they said "let us know how we can help".

• Funny
Reactions: AMPd
Chargebacks to credit card is only possible for a max of 120 days which leaves me up the creek if they actually went out of business. I sure hope not. Last email I have from them was back in May saying I will be covered despite not getting their Battery Monitoring Device if the logs show that whatever failure happened after I bought the warranty and everything was fine beforehand. They even used to offer a full refund if their now non-existent BMD showed a problem and they didn't want to cover you. I asked earlier and it wasn't really answered, that of course I have to pay for round trip shipping and hope that they don't find something disqualifying once the car is in their shop, whereas if I had their BMD on hand they would have been able to approve the repair ahead of time.

"Our delay is your gain and you effectively get free covered time... it is not officially in our terms of service yet, it is waiting on legal review but we have been operating this way for a while now..."

Reactions: zoomer0056
Hey All-

To help clarify, XCare is a warranty program NOT insurance. :) (but we also offer leasing, financing and fleet management services).

We created a claims process specially for the “direct-to-service” model (like Tesla Service).
For Tesla owners, it was designed to work around Tesla service or Electrified Garage. If you are looking to get serviced elsewhere, they would need to be willing to communicate to us and also have the ability to order new parts, and be ASE certified.

XCare EV Premium is a comprehensive exclusionary service coverage, the highest level of coverage that a vehicle qualifies for outside the manufacturer’s warranty. This means, we will cover the entire vehicle with the exception of the excluded items. Things like the 12v battery, wheels, tires, cosmetic related components (body panels, door seals, weather strip, bumpers, paint, glass, etc), and external charging cords/cables.

XCare Battery & Drive Unit is coverage that only applies to your Battery & Drive Unit. Currently, this coverage is only available to Tesla owners/vehicles. Battery & Drive Unit may be covered if your vehicle is within 7 years of age, and under 100,000 miles at time of XCare purchase.

Feel free to reach us directly with any questions [email protected]

-XCare team