Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10,000 miles, 10 month in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost 9 months in, 21,000 KM.

Pros
No pumping gas, both me and wife can charge at work for free and have only used $4.40 of supercharging in that amount of driving. No oil changes, and best of all no lag when you hit the go pedal.

Cons
Everyone suddenly things your rich, even those you just bought a Audi S5 and are pumping premium gas into it somehow think you must have won the lotto.

Also just over 10 months in, 25K miles. One major complaint: my wife gets to drive it way more than me. I want my own. :(

Back in the dark days, when we had only one Tesla, my wife and I shared it with the exactness of a child custody arrangement. The rule was whoever was driving the farthest in a given day would get the Tesla. We literally planned our days the night before, mapping them in Google maps, and comparing to see who was going to be driving the farthest. Squabbling would ensue when one of us thought the other was fabricating unnecessary errands just to inflate the planned mileage.

Thankfully, with two Teslas we now don't have that issue any more. And, fortunately we don't argue over who gets to drive which Tesla because I tend to prefer the 3 and she the S.

The car is so fun and rewarding to drive that we get the urge to take frequent road trips (not new for us, but we’re traveling more now than ever before). We’ve been visiting family, friends, national parks, and even drive out to Custer, South Dakota for the annual Tesla rally in the Mt. Rushmore area. If you haven’t heard of it, definitely consider going next year. The Supercharger network really makes long distance travel easy and enjoyable, and it gets better every day.

6th Annual Sound of Silence Rally - Custer SD - May 17-19

Tesla Sound of Silence 2019

Agree totally. Road tripping is one of my favorite things to do now with this car. We drove across the country last winter, and have 2 long trips planned this summer.

I had that Custer rally on the calendar this year and work commitments forced me to change my plans, dammit! Next year for sure.

Reactions: Big Earl
Back in the dark days, when we had only one Tesla, my wife and I shared it with the exactness of a child custody arrangement. The rule was whoever was driving the farthest in a given day would get the Tesla. We literally planned our days the night before, mapping them in Google maps, and comparing to see who was going to be driving the farthest. Squabbling would ensue when one of us thought the other was fabricating unnecessary errands just to inflate the planned mileage.

Thankfully, with two Teslas we now don't have that issue any more. And, fortunately we don't argue over who gets to drive which Tesla because I tend to prefer the 3 and she the S.

You know you both were fabricating unnecessary errands. haha. Just gotta make them believable!

9 months.. 12k miles

Almost 9 months in, 21,000 KM.

Pros
No pumping gas, both me and wife can charge at work for free and have only used $4.40 of supercharging in that amount of driving. No oil changes, and best of all no lag when you hit the go pedal.

Cons
Everyone suddenly things your rich, even those you just bought a Audi S5 and are pumping premium gas into it somehow think you must have won the lotto.

Very accurate. I get those looks .. like damn must be loaded.. This is coming from the BMW or Merc driver whose car costs way more..

Less then a year, we had around 30K on our S before we purchased the X.

S life time.JPG

LOL we actually do have a similar arrangement, it’s just that she wins on mileage BY FAR. So I suppose it’s only fair.

There will be a second Tesla. Just a matter of when. Maybe I should just stop all remaining maintenance on our ICE...

Bought mine in December, but only started driving it end of April because I wanted to max out the lease miles on the Range Rover. Just 1,513.81 miles in and it's already my most-loved vehicle that I've ever driven. My commute, which was the most stressful thing in my privileged life, is now mostly stress free and often relaxing. I always hated having to stop and get gas, but now I never have to do that again. Spent over $3k on gas last year with the $4+/gallon prices and on pace to only pay $532 in electricity charging it at home -- but that's not even counting the fact that I have solar panels and my May PG&E electricity bill, which was my first full month of charging, was -$142. So, it really didn't cost anything to charge it (that'll, obviously, change in the late fall to early spring months). What's more, my work is getting some Tesla chargers put in that will be FREE to charge.

I bought the car mostly out of curiosity because I'm really into tech, but I've now turned into a bit of a Tesla fan boy. I'm sure my friends on social media are already sick of me posting pictures of it, but I don't care. It's my baby. :D