Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.4 Problems - No autopilot, cruise, AP visuals or FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a new update this afternoon same rev/release and it solved the issue! For reference, I had both emailed FSD as well as made a service appointment, not sure if either or both helped at all though. I did get a nice call from Tesla after I saw the update available telling me to go ahead and install it and see if it fixes the issue and let them know if I still need an appointment. All said, pleased how quickly they are able to resolve these things when they occur.

• Love
Reactions: GeoffEV and Ramphex
I have the same issue. Contacted chat support and they refused to help. Said it's a service issue, my update was fine, blah blah blah. Very frustrating, as service pushed the visit (which they moved from Mobile to on-site) out 10 days. If anyone has tips what exactly to say to Customer Support to get them to help, let me know. I also emailed the FSD beta email address, but no reply so far.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
I also submitted a request for the service team to push the update again. After they pushed it and I reinstalled, the problem still isn't fixed.

Cruise and autopilot don't work, but it can sometimes visualize lane markings and traffic signs. It doesn't see any objects like cars. Other times, it displays the warning of "Software update required. Schedule service".

It also sends a notification to my phone saying, "Sentry mode has turned off due to a sentry system error."

• Informative
I also submitted a request for the service team to push the update again. After they pushed it and I reinstalled, the problem still isn't fixed.

Cruise and autopilot don't work, but it can sometimes visualize lane markings and traffic signs. It doesn't see any objects like cars. Other times, it displays the warning of "Software update required. Schedule service".

It also sends a notification to my phone saying, "Sentry mode has turned off due to a sentry system error."
What vehicle do you have? I think you're the first person in this thread to mention the sentry error...interesting.

I haven't gotten a re-push yet even after writing to the beta team as well as scheduling service. I'm curious whether any MX owners have had a new push solve the problem.

My 2021 MS LR+ pre-refresh has all of the above (AP/cruise disabled, sentry system error, no environmental recognition of lights, signs, or cars). Service appointment isn’t until Dec 6 so there’s a good chance there will be other updates by then, but I’d like to have it re-pushed. I haven’t gotten any response regarding a service visit or feedback from the FSDBeta email I sent. Did DM’ing on Twitter seem to help? Sounds like trying the online chat might be my next step.

• Informative
Service appointment isn’t until Dec 6 so there’s a good chance there will be other updates by then, but I’d like to have it re-pushed. I haven’t gotten any response regarding a service visit or feedback from the FSDBeta email I sent. Did DM’ing on Twitter seem to help? Sounds like trying the online chat might be my next step.
Once you schedule service, there’s a button in the app on the appointment page bottom right to send a message to the service team.

Scheduling service didn't work for me. I scheduled service and gave the details with 10.4 (no autopilot, cruise, AP visuals or FSD).
I then sent a message saying: "Can 10.4 be pushed to me again? Other testers report that a new push corrected the problems I am having."

I got a response within minutes saying that 'service centers can't push FSD Beta software' so I cancelled the service appointment.

I understand that others have gotten a new push after scheduling service but is it possible that was a coincidence and it was actually the beta team that did the push? Asking the same question differently has anyone gotten a specific response from a service center saying they would push a beta version?

Had a service visit from Tesla today. The tech was unable to get either FSD or TACC working with software. He believes one of the repeater cameras is not communicating with the system, and is ordering a new one. The vehicle is a MX Long Range+ from March 2020.

• Informative
My FSD, AP, and cruise have also been dead since Monday. 2018 MS. I have also been getting the "Sentry mode has been turned off" notifications. I have service scheduled for Nov 18 (no response from Tesla yet). I've also emailed the Beta team twice with only one auto-reply. I'm going to try a few of the tips I've read in this thread and also try the "chat" feature.

My FSD, AP, and cruise have also been dead since Monday. 2018 MS. I have also been getting the "Sentry mode has been turned off" notifications. I have service scheduled for Nov 18 (no response from Tesla yet). I've also emailed the Beta team twice with only one auto-reply. I'm going to try a few of the tips I've read in this thread and also try the "chat" feature.
Please let us know if you get any results. I've tried everything I can think of and absolutely nothing has worked...very frustrating.

I’ve uploaded some error screenshots to my scheduled service center chat after they requested specific dates and times of the errors I was getting (start collecting yours if you haven’t been). They haven’t resent the update yet, but after leaving my USB drive out, sentry mode off, and unselecting all the autopilot/beta options for a while my display is now showing road markings, signs, and stop lights again but still no vehicle recognition, AP, or cruise control. It seems sentry mode is back on. Still getting the “software update required and driving visualization temporarily degraded.”

I've emailed FSD beta, asking to be removed twice now starting three days ago. There's still no response. My service appointment is Friday, but the service advisor is not able to roll back my software until the FSD program allows it. I am filled with regret for opting into this beta.

Driving long distances without even basic cruise control is very painful.