Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 10.6.1 and I just auto-parked at a Supercharger again today, like yesterday. It DOES seem harder to engage, but it's there.

Black 'Premium' RWD end-2018 Midrange EAP-> HW3 +FSD Model 3 Tesla robo-vehicle named Nicki (2021.36.8.10 FSD Beta)

That's interesting since The open parking auto park wasn't listed in that version of the software. It was first listed in 2021.44 and subsequent version updates but not prior versions.

2021.44 Tesla Release Notes
1640023930735.png

Autopark
Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y
MCU 2 HW 3
Available Worldwide
Autopark now identifies perpendicular parking spots using painted markings and road edges.

I have 2021.36.8.10 FSD Beta and don't have this version, or any version on my model S. I'm hoping this next update will have it as well as the waypoints.

It was first listed in 2021.44 and subsequent version updates but not prior versions
Our 10.5 release notes shows Autopark under 2021.36, and it's been available since October.
2021.36 autopark.jpg

Most people in the US with FSD probably didn't notice it until much later as they were likely on 2021.32.22 "FSD Button" firmware for a while. Here's a video of a Model 3 in Australia using it months ago:

That's interesting since The open parking auto park wasn't listed in that version of the software.

I have 2021.36.8.10 FSD Beta and don't have this version,.
I have a 2018 M3 with 2021.36.8.10 and have used this functionality. I don't recall seeing it in the release notes but saw the "P" in a parking lot and used it between painted lines. It did seam hit or miss when and if the "P" shows up. I've used this about 3 times and it worked well.

Also to confirm, its not in release notes at 2021.36.8.10 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

I have 2021.36.8.10 FSD Beta and don't have this version, or any version on my model S. I'm hoping this next update will have it as well as the waypoints.
I think it is a S / 3 difference. Looks like S still doesn't have autopark on FSD.

You should get it with 10.8, if in non-FSD branch it is available on 2021.44. 10.8 is going to be based on 2021.44.5 (or later).

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Autopark depends on what vehicle you have. Vision autopark is implemented in 3, Y, and I think on the refreshed S and X. Unless something changes with the upcoming 10.8 it is not available as of now in pre-refresh S or X (if I'm wrong and it is available it doesn't appear very often).
Here is an @Chazman92 video showing how it works.

Last edited:
You have to have a permanent magnet motor to do full regen to 0 RPMs.
Even if the hardware allows Autopilot to regen down to a complete stop, Tesla might still bias against that behavior for human driving. At least previously, there were a lot more complaints about pedal misapplication and crashing into buildings, etc., and this could be reduced by "teaching" the human to at least have the foot ready for the brake pedal. Maybe it's not as necessary anymore with Autopilot's pedal misapplication mitigation safety feature, but relying on that reactive behavior might still be "not as safe" as a proactive prevention.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I kinda wish that AP/FSD didn't respect the set speed as an absolute. It's using regen on downhills to maintain that speed when the more efficient thing to do is to coast and pick up more speed. Would love a +5 or +10mph offset for this.
You can set an offset - I have mine set to the speed limit +4 MPH. The problem is it’s a static offset; it doesn’t liberalize it going down hills, etc.

It’s also possible to ‘coast’ with regenerative braking just like you can with an ice car, it’s just not as easy. If you let up on the pedal, you’ll see the battery charge/drain bar on top of the display go to ‘0’ which means your neither charging nor discharging; effectively coasting.

Reactions: K5TRX
I kinda wish that AP/FSD didn't respect the set speed as an absolute. It's using regen on downhills to maintain that speed when the more efficient thing to do is to coast and pick up more speed. Would love a +5 or +10mph offset for this.
You can set an offset - I have mine set to the speed limit +4 MPH. The problem is it’s a static offset; it doesn’t liberalize it going down hills, etc.

It’s also possible to ‘coast’ with regenerative braking just like you can with an ice car, it’s just not as easy. If you let up on the pedal, you’ll see the battery charge/drain bar on top of the display go to ‘0’ which means your neither charging nor discharging; effectively coasting.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow

Not just that you probably want to go at reduced speeds uphill.

Well, we can go back and read all those posts on MyNissanForum. I had to deal with a 60 mile range EV in winters ... for 5 years.

I think it is a S / 3 difference. Looks like S still doesn't have autopark on FSD.

You should get it with 10.8, if in non-FSD branch it is available on 2021.44. 10.8 is going to be based on 2021.44.5 (or later).
Thank you. That is correct.

Plus we didn't have open parking lot autopark on our Model Y with 32.22 that we were stuck on since September until I opted out of the FSD beta queue. (Reminder still in beta FSD on the Model S) We did get an update to 36.5.1 in the Y but I haven't driven it to test Autopark what is available yet. Sure wish Tesla would just update to the latest version for everyone. All these different versions makes communicating extremely difficult.

That's some serious dedication!
We have a friend who had an older version of the Nissan Leaf. He loved the car but after he switched jobs to one that was significantly further away it barely had enough charge to get him to work and back. He told us stories of wearing a snow suit in the winter because he couldn't use the heat!

I think he upgraded to the newer version with a more reasonable range.