Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.9 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got back into the beta after a FSD computer replacement.

It seems that although I have the FSD beta build and software, my car doesn't do any FSD.

I cant figure out id there is a setting I have missed, and looking through the V11 interface didn't show anything.

I am so close, but no idea how to get back to beta testing.

Had a couple unnecessary double lane changes with 10.9 today as well as a missed right turn. Unclear if the double lane change is new behavior / regression due to "maneuvers beyond the lane change," but this happened after turning into a left-turn only lane as well as when merging from an onramp (FSD Beta visualization still showing).

The missed right turn might be a regression from the new auto-regressive architecture as there were plenty of parked cars blocking view of the turn, so maybe that new behavior of accounting for occluded views resulted in it ignoring the parts of the road it was actually able to see. Or maybe this time different cars spaced differently was just enough to confuse FSD Beta.
I'm still on 10.8.1 and suffered the same double lane changes last night. I went from right lane over to the left. A mile or so later left back to the right side. jumping two lanes non stop, no reason that I can see. I shut it down and thought to myself , its just not a good beta day. I've never had the car jump two lanes. Car did fine all day today. Must be the weather.;)

Still no 10.9 update here.

I've been wondering for some time if I am the only one that has ignored and resisted the temptation to install the beta when it downloaded some time ago. Based on all the weird things people talk about, I am just not willing to waste my time experimenting. Wish I could give it to someone else :) Seems a LOT of people just can't wait to experiment with it.
If you're not comfortable with the idea, then definitely don't do it. You're not "wasting" any opportunity. You simply qualified to have FSDb based on your safety score. You're not taking other people's spots.

• Informative
Reactions: K5TRX and hellocar
yea I realize I am not taking anyone's spot. Just wish I could give it to someone :) but obviously can't
You and me both👍😜For $214.00 a month, I’m buying some good champagne instead. With my girlfriend in the private back yard and pool….I’ll have much more fun in the warm Palm Springs Sun than playing babysitter to a brake stomping, corner yanking car.🌴🌴🤣😜😎 I know- To each his own🥴

If the numbers on Teslafi are representative of the total FSD Beta testing population, then 10.9 has only made it to 35% of the appropriate users so far.
Also noticed that there were 500 downloads yesterday and only 80 today, makes me think they may have discovered an issue with 10.9, we may need to wait for a fix before the full rollout.

Also noticed that there were 500 downloads yesterday and only 80 today, makes me think they may have discovered an issue with 10.9, we may need to wait for a fix before the full rollout.
I think that Tesla has been feverishly trying to upgrade the main firmware branch to .7 and .8 and has put .10 on a siding until that server load clears.

I'm curious to know if that street looks the same as when you actually drove the car on it and experienced the issue you had? This looks like a Google Streets view and as we all know, those images can be months or even a couple years old. Does it look like that now?

I confirmed today that there are well painted turn arrows repeatedly in the center lanes. The car didn't display them in the visualization during the day nor at night. A pic of the visualization is below. Another oddity...toda the car decided to move into the turn lane nearly a mile before the turn with a dozen intersections and multiple traffic lights between my location and the turn. It's dumbfounding.

Attachments

• PXL_20220121_034443959.jpg
    PXL_20220121_034443959.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 71
I went to a bar I never been before to meet some friends and FSD took me home fine. Made some weird lane changes and drove a bit like a drunk driver in a couple of spots as it felt it's way around some tight streets. Also, had a couple of stop sign issues and waited for 10 seconds to make a turn. Since FSD is safer than me, I let it go.

Howevrr, the one spot it failed the most was on the freeway. Hopefully freeway becomes a single stack in v11 and uses FSD logic. Here, as a human driver, I would ease off and let this scared on ramp merger more space to get in. He couldn't fit into a 7 follow gap. I had to slow way down as he was changing lanes into me because he was out of room.

20220120_230111.gif