Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

125kw McChargers!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fast food on charge.

Crap for your waist, crap for you battery degradation.

McCharge

BigZap and fries - (new menu option)

Dear McDonald's, above slogans ideas are my copyright and belong to me :p or you can have it for a free breakfast!

Fast food on charge.

Crap for your waist, crap for you battery degradation.

McCharge

BigZap and fries - (new menu option)

Dear McDonald's, above slogans ideas are my copyright and belong to me :p or you can have it for a free breakfast!
if you click on the link in LukeUK's post above you will find "McCharge" is literally in the name of the original thread on this topic which I in turn stole from one of the newspapers covering the story. The rest are very much all yours :)

Reactions: davidmc
Not a McDonalds but patiently awaiting the Instavolt Hub at J11 of M40...I spoke to one of the technicians there the other day and they were due to be commissioned yesterday..They had been visible on PlugShare and disappeared again .I was told they were going to be 62.5 Kw to begin with being increased to 125.

Not a McDonalds but patiently awaiting the Instavolt Hub at J11 of M40...I spoke to one of the technicians there the other day and they were due to be commissioned yesterday..They had been visible on PlugShare and disappeared again .I was told they were going to be 62.5 Kw to begin with being increased to 125.

I used to stop there often, where abouts have they been installed?

Glad to see more multi point installations going in. 1-2 always worries me that they may be broken or in use

Any charger thats available where you are and when you need it is good to me.

If you have to pay a little more to use it then so be it. Pricing to put people off who live 2 miles away and could charge at home gets my vote. I imagine the general principle will be the more they charge the more likely the charger will be available when you get there.

Reactions: ringi and pow216
I used to stop there often, where abouts have they been installed?

off M40 Northbound,First left to Banbury,first left again at next roundabout,and first left again into Stroud Park,Ermont Way

C2F8FC93-7F67-4881-9D4A-679D11CFDF8F.jpeg

What should the etiquette be if all spaces are taken, except the EV charging bays? Can/should ICE cars be able to use them?

I’ve long felt disabled spaces should become open to every body when the car park becomes full.
I don't think it should. In either case. In the case of ICEing, it's not just a slight inconvenience. Imagine you get somewhere with a 2% charge and you can't get fuel? You'd be totally stuck.

What should the etiquette be if all spaces are taken, except the EV charging bays? Can/should ICE cars be able to use them?

I’ve long felt disabled spaces should become open to every body when the car park becomes full.
I disagree on both counts.
Where would you draw the line is it OK to take the last charge spot/disabled bay? What if an EV/disabled person shows up 30 seconds later? Or can you only take the second to last? Or the third? Where is the line?
It's all part of living in a civilised society I'm afraid. I may be way off but I don't think you will find much support for either view here. Try the Daily mail comments section for support for ICEing :). Not sure even they will go for the disabled bays idea but you never know?

At a push maybe if the driver remains in the car ready to move the moment an ev arrives to charge ... but in practice I still see this as an opportunity for self righteous aggression by either/both parties!