Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is some information on the topic:

Way to report bugs without speech recognition | Tesla

I seem to remember Tesla previously advising me to press steering wheel buttons that allowed a screenshot to be taken, then I'd use the voice command to report a perceived bug, in my case it was something with Slacker Radio. It appears you can just use the voice command to report a bug. Not sure it's actually reviewed unless you call or email to request that they check into it.

Page 39 of the (outdated) model S owners manual:

"Note: You can also use voice commands to
provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note",
"Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" followed
by your brief comments. Model S takes a
snapshot of its systems, including screen
captures of the touchscreen and instrument
panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes
and uses them to continue improving Model S."​

Thank you both! Very helpful.

Reactions: Sawyer8888
I've flown on multiple boeing aircraft. i know if the system does not detect pilot input within a timeframe i forget an alarm in the cockpit sounds (apparently to wake up any pilots that may have fallen asleep). It's a pretty loud alarm too.
I have type ratings on 5 Boeing airplanes. Not one of them (in the 25 years I flew) ever sounded an alarm of this sort. Nor did the FK100.

I have type ratings on 5 Boeing airplanes. Not one of them (in the 25 years I flew) ever sounded an alarm of this sort. Nor did the FK100.

It's called the "Crew Alertness Monitor" and the FMC will flash "Pilot Response Required" or something along those lines after i think ~25 minutes of no-input. I've seen and heard it go off on a 77W & 77L. Can't say for sure about other boeings, but i wouldn't see why not. Maybe that feature was only available in newer models with glass cockpits.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-cool-little-known-safety-features-of-airplanes

• Informative
Reactions: wesley888
It's called the "Crew Alertness Monitor" and the FMC will flash "Pilot Response Required" or something along those lines after i think ~25 minutes of no-input. I've seen and heard it go off on a 77W & 77L. Can't say for sure about other boeings, but i wouldn't see why not. Maybe that feature was only available in newer models with glass cockpits.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-cool-little-known-safety-features-of-airplanes

Interesting. Yeah looks like it's an option that can be enabled and mainly on long range models. Im sure certain carriers decide if they want it enabled on thier aircraft also. Would drive me nuts having a caution message come up on the EICAS constantly during flight.

Last glass cockpits were 757/767 and 737-800. The long range 767 did not have the feature nor did the 737. Things change. While I can stand by what I said, I learned something new today about planes I never flew.

Unfortunately, Tangible, most folks are not here to help and can't act like an adult. In about two seconds, some expert will tell you how their knowledge of piloting Boeing aircraft somehow makes them more qualified to make some sort of statements. And you had better listen up! Interesting how such experts can't go off and make their own company to do it all "the right way". They just sit here and whine.

So Yeah. Who cares about useful information on the 17.17.4 firmware that this thread is about....I'VE GOT SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SAY SO LISTEN TO MEEEE!!!!! IM A PILOT! IM A SOFTWARE ENGINEER! IM AN AI EXPERT! LISTENNNN!!!!!

Wait, where's the 17.17.4 thread? I was looking for it but I got lost. Or upset. Or something.

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony
Unfortunately, Tangible, most folks are not here to help and can't act like an adult. In about two seconds, some expert will tell you how their knowledge of piloting Boeing aircraft somehow makes them more qualified to make some sort of statements. And you had better listen up! Interesting how such experts can't go off and make their own company to do it all "the right way". They just sit here and whine.

So Yeah. Who cares about useful information on the 17.17.4 firmware that this thread is about....I'VE GOT SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SAY SO LISTEN TO MEEEE!!!!! IM A PILOT! IM A SOFTWARE ENGINEER! IM AN AI EXPERT! LISTENNNN!!!!!

Wait, where's the 17.17.4 thread? I was looking for it but I got lost. Or upset. Or something.

There's only so much you can talk about with a new update, eventually it will turn into a discussion about AP in general.

I don't think anyone was trying to prove themselves with thier knowledge about other topics it was all related to keeping your hands on the wheel or off the wheel and the warnings you get with the Tesla AP system. It all stemmed from the idiot with the water bottle on the steering wheel trying to get around these warnings.

Like it or not there is a lot that can be learned about AP design from an industry that's been doing it for decades and dealing with all the human factors that come along with having automated control systems. One may be in the air and the other on the ground, but a lot of it intercects.

Off topic a bit, but I'm throwing this into the mix. Over on the Tesla forums there's been a lot of talk about adaptive headlights. I made this video. I can confirm that adaptive headlights are working. Check out this video, you can see the top part of the lights lighting up slowly as I slowly turn the wheel then when I get past a very sharp degree the corner light turns on. I do this several times, so it appears it does work. This is the view from the drivers seat. (excuse the mess and exposed 14-50 in the garage...nothing to see here)

Off topic a bit, but I'm throwing this into the mix. Over on the Tesla forums there's been a lot of talk about adaptive headlights. I made this video. I can confirm that adaptive headlights are working. Check out this video, you can see the top part of the lights lighting up slowly as I slowly turn the wheel then when I get past a very sharp degree the corner light turns on. I do this several times, so it appears it does work. This is the view from the drivers seat. (excuse the mess and exposed 14-50 in the garage...nothing to see here)

Adaptive headlights do work but they are crap compared to adaptive headlights where the lights actually move which is what I expected and what was on every other vehicle I had with this feature. You cant compare driving my MB and the Tesla on light output especially around turns.