Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.24.28 released - improved 'silky' update from 17.22.46?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems idiotic to me, what about all these HD maps they've been building for years, they clearly can't rely on Tom Tom / Garmin for map data as it's already 6 months old before we get it! Google Maps with an overlay of HD maps is what actually needs to happen. Ugh!
Exactly. Just like Apple does deals with Samsung (its competitor) for components, Tesla should strike a deal with Google for map data. At least for now. Maybe when there's a ton of model 3s on the road doing mapping it will be a different story.

Well my wife asked last night, if the cameras are reading the speed limit signs, hopefully on HW2 cars one day, why doesn't Tesla use the Google maps and use Google directions when available and use the TomTom/Garmin only in offline mode. My answer was.........I have no answer. LOL

Reactions: Sather
Contact Tom Tom direct with speed sign and autopilot issues | Tesla

Contact information finally shared! Unleash the hounds, Smithers!
For the lazy amongst us:

Tesla is passing us off to Tom Tom, this is not right.

However I took matters into my own hand and have names of two guys dealing with the Tesla account at Tom Tom.

There are both out today will will car me tomorrow.

Please call. 603-306-8903 Paul Hohos and another guy called Trip, the woman who answers said these two deal with Tesla.

You can email Margot with issues and pics, I just did that.

[email protected]

I called Tesla support and was told "I don't see anything that says we switched to TomTom." Also got some line about "Each new update brings new features from people who request them."

It's insulting.

Its totally hit or miss with calling in. Some have lines they are clearly parroting. Others have actual brains and use them. Its fairly well established that they switched to TomTom but without official Tesla communications we're left to pick up the pieces ourselves.

Reactions: Fiddler
I called Tesla support and was told "I don't see anything that says we switched to TomTom." Also got some line about "Each new update brings new features from people who request them."

It's insulting.
I wish they would move to TomTom - I would even pay a subscription as they cost of going miles out of my way in lost ev mileage would more than pay for it. Google just been fined 2 BILLION Euros for cheating cuistomers but Google maps cheats me every time I use it - Google appears to be a corrupt company!

No, it was fined due to the fact it treated its own companies favourably to competitors. It also pays little tax in UK.
I like Tesla cf to other American companies as it seems to be "above board". Long may it last!

I wish they would move to TomTom - I would even pay a subscription as they cost of going miles out of my way in lost ev mileage would more than pay for it. Google just been fined 2 BILLION Euros for cheating cuistomers but Google maps cheats me every time I use it - Google appears to be a corrupt company!
1. Tesla did move to TomTom for speed limit/road taxonomy.
2. Tesla wasn't using google for speed limit/road taxonomy; Tesla was using Garmin.
3. Your rant about google isn't relevant anyway.
4. Tesla nav is their own beast, I think.

I took delivery of our MX last Friday with AP2 and latest software. Autopilot works flawlessly on highway (smooth as silk), not so much on other roads. Went to Squamish last Sunday (sea-to-sky highway) mainly used TACC there, which was fun on this mountainous and curving road. Having not to use the pedals all the time and just steering was fun and so much less tiresome.

I'll have to leave the complaining about Tom Tom to others, for now. The only issue I have with it is, unfortunately, actually valid, as the street I live on used to show up as 25mph, but it's a new street that doesn't have a speed limit yet(I've been pushing the city to instate one for months, but there's road construction farther down the street). Tom Tom accurately shows no speed limit, but that means TACC/AS is too scary to turn on while on it.

Updates are slooooowwwwwing down....
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG